For the Wives - An NSV challenge for your man

Options
ItsTerriC
ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
I have been following a post about the things our spouses say and notice as we make this weight loss and fitness journey. One thing that I've noticed is that most of the men who have posted are getting little or no feedback from their wives. So, why do you think that is the case? We women are quick to complain if our men don't notice every little change. We accuse them of sabotage if they suggest eating pizza or if they bring us a treat that we would have appreciated before. But how many of us notice our men?

When was the last time you gave your man a compliment about the way he looks?

Here's a challenge - give your man a heartfelt, sincere compliment sometime today. Even if he isn't on this journey with you, you are still on life's journey together. Believe it or not, they like to hear they still look good to you just as much as you like to hear it from them.

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I told my hubby yesterday how fabulous he was looking :happy:
  • angsmith79
    angsmith79 Posts: 44
    Options
    This is so true. Thanks for the reminder! :wink:
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I really like this post! I told my husband yesterday that I was extremely proud of him for his performance in a 5K race yesterday morning, AND I told him that he's looking great lately, and that I think he's totally hot....He seemed to really appreciate the acknowledgement!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I tell mine how great he looks everyday.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yes - its hard to keep in mind sometimes that they are more insecure than they let on.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    my hubby is down 25 lbs and me too but he lost his faster of course! I point out the NSV for him all the time his belly doesn't hang out his shirt anymore or what looks like is a load of crap in his work pants because his butt is smaller! but then i thought he was the sexiest man 25 lbs heavier too! He does love to be complimented, it makes us all feel good!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    That is a great reminder! I tell my husband stuff like that all the time, I promise you if you don't someone else will. Have a great day!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband all the time how beefy, buff, manly, and sexy he looks. :) And I make it a point to rub on his muscles often too!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks Terri for the reminder. My husband tells me everyday at how great I look, but I don't tell him enough at how awesome he is!!! But I will!!!
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    I wish my wife read this...

It is nice to hear.