Over 100 down with ups and downs.

Options
b9bemfesw75z.jpg
bjpd6135bef4.jpg
v9xmzy7sqnvx.jpg
isrz5gzzpr4a.jpg

Well it's been a long journey. It's had it ups and downs. I started at over 300 lbs not sure how far north of 300 I was. I didn't get a scale until after using a low carb diet for a month. When I finally got on the scale I was 295 lbs. I finally competed my goal of and breaking 200 lbs a while back and doing my first bodybuilding competition on the 12th of Sept 15. I have learned a lot along the way. I did it all with lots of reading, applying, and finding out what didn't work for me and what did. The next trick is to keep it all off and dealing with the loose skin issue.

So for all you out there on this journey, stay the course it is worth it. Like I said it has it ups and downs, I figure I lost over 200 lbs total with falling off the horse multiple times, and then getting back on. You can do it and it's worth it. You feel so much better and you can do so many more things with ease.

I added a few pictures from when I was heavier (use to hid from the camera a lot) To my under 200 lbs picture to my post competition picture with my metals.

Replies

• alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! It's inspiring to know how much will power lurks in us until we make up our minds to put it to use. Congratulations!
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    oh. my. God. Fabulous!
  • KeepGoinGirl
    KeepGoinGirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job.
  • desy617
    desy617 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look hot in a good way.lol good job
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Congrats! :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • opolanka222
    opolanka222 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing transformation!!! :)
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Congratulations!! What a fantastic accomplishment!! :)
  • Jessyd76
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, what got you started? What was your biggest reason for doing it and staying the course?
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look great!you should be very proud of yourself
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Trust me when I say-nobody is looking at any loose skin! cheers to a job well done!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look so healthy
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. I would be interested in learning more about your diet and what got you back on track after a "down" period.
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. To answer a few questions. A trip to the emergency room at the age of 34 for a possible heart attack is what got me rethinking my life choices. I decided I wanted to live a longer eventful life not looking back and seeing all the time I spent in front of my computer or on the sofa.

How I it did it. Lots of trail and error. I found lots of things that that didn't work for me. It was a journey in learning and reading (lots of reading). I found out there is no magic pill. The magic is within us all to be honest. Setting goals and not following every fade diet out there. I found the books by lyle McDonald helped a lot. Then the book called burn the fat, feed the muscle. Helped with setting goal and achieving them.

You asked what kept me on track it was the goal setting ideas from that book. Then it was realizing this was about doing this for me. Not for anyone else. Seeing myself go from 220 back to 260 because my girlfriend liked to drink and eat was the first slap in the face. That when I knew to only date people who's understood my goals. Then I also figured out how to say no! Then the next big set was from trying to bulk after going from 260 down to 205. I gave myself a month at maintenance. Then added 500 cals a day shoot up to 230 in a month. My body had a set point I kept the same cals and gain 5 lbs over the next month. Then got sick right as the holidays hit. Needless to say that put me at 245 at the start of this year. So I thought about my mistakes from the past and I am trying to fix them. The big one is slowly increasing my cals after I am done with my team usa competition next weekend. I want to maintain below 200 lbs fir 3 to 4 months. Then try bulking again.

Like I said I have had my ups and downs. I think the key to success is not using a all or nothing approach. Your going to have treats just plan for them or realize 500 cals or even 1000 cal treat is no reason to stop. Just just start right back up. The other one is giving yourself diet breaks once in a while it does wonders for you mentality and your hormones. :)
  • kcampbell1969
    kcampbell1969 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "Your going to have treats just plan for them or realize 500 cals or even 1000 cal treat is no reason to stop." - @RatherBeFishing

I think I'm going to post this on my wall. I always feel like such a failure when I slip up, even though I keep telling myself this is going to happen every so often.

Seeing all these posts from people who have been there and succeeded gives me hope! Thank you!
  • TELR85
    TELR85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Jessyd76
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Omg man. You. Rock. Congrats on living healthy and reaching your goals. Seriously inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!