Hello Sweetie

Options

Replies

• Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oooo companion talk.

Loved Martha. So many forget her, but she did so many amazing things.
    Donna... If I ever met that woman (you know, the character, not the actress... presuming she was acting) I would hit her upside the head with a cast iron frying pan. She makes me stabby.
    Clara I fell for immediately. She was my first companion (with Smith as my first Doctor... though clearly not my favorite.)
    I loved Rose with 9 but once 10 arrived she started to grate on my nerves and I was not sad to see her go.
    I liked Mickey and wasn't really ready to see him disappear but liked the finishing touch they put in there with him and Martha (and their kid is cute as heck... irl).
    Was pleased to see Rose's 2nd boyfriend go away after two episodes. *nods*
    Amy... my god that woman could be winy and poor Rory wins doormat of the millenia reward.
    Wifred is awesome. <3
    I would have liked to have seen Astrid make it more than one episode.
    I liked Sara Jane, but haven't seen original Doctor Who to know her well.
    Captain Jack... mmmm, I would love to see him again. *nods* He is my favorite followed closely by River.
    River is my kind of sass. <3

Edit: Ohhh! Madame de Pompadour could have been amazing if she had been more then a flicker of hope.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    All I want from our next companion is that they have as good character development as Mickey. Because that character underwent a transformation that tops probably anyone else, ever. From doormat to bada**.
  • pedrolaroque
    pedrolaroque Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want the tardis.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    I want the tardis.

As a companion? Or just in general? Because I'm up for either, personally...
  • MollyNK88
    MollyNK88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ooh I can't resist a Doctor Who thread. You all might like my customized weight loss tracker XD Donna is my absolute favorite companion. I am putting together a cosplay for her. My boyfriend has a 10th Doctor cosplay and built his own TARDIS. We are having a party tomorrow for the new episode. Feel free to add me anyone!
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    I'm super happy to find all these Donna fans. :) So many people disliked her, and I think it's a shame.

Granted, I just love Catherine Tate, so that may have something to do with it.

Y'all ready for tonight?!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I've watched "Magicians Apprentice" twice already.... watching Capaldi play that guitar makes me want to learn, because he can really shred!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I loved the new episode! Definitely better than last series, though I enjoyed that too. I think I'm preferring Capaldi to Smith, but I love all doctors.
    As for companions, Rory was my favourite. He was so loyal and adorable! Loved Donna, too. Martha was probably my least favourite because I don't feel like she had much in the way of personality - or at least the plots she was in didn't allow her to shine. I don't much like Clara either. I feel like she's been given too big a role. This is Doctor Who, not Clara Who! I'm glad the new episode put the focus back where it should be.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    Oh gosh, if you think Clara is bad, at least they didn't change the whole opening sequence to make the story about her. *cough*Amy*cough*

Though I love Amy, so don't get me wrong.

And YES, the Doctor playing the guitar was one of the best things ever. "You said you wanted an Axe battle!" Cheesy, but I laughed anyway.
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dear god this thread is beautiful!

Seems that I may make a few upset, but I loved me some Matt Smith/Amy action. I am getting used to Capaldi, but it has been a grieving period. Tennantis my second favorite doctor, I felt like he did the drama so well. Like the episode were he forgot he was the doctor, had me in tears at the end.
  • JackCork10
    JackCork10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me, 17year old lad!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    nade0069 wrote: »

Seems that I may make a few upset, but I loved me some Matt Smith/Amy action. I am getting used to Capaldi, but it has been a grieving period. Tennantis my second favorite doctor, I felt like he did the drama so well. Like the episode were he forgot he was the doctor, had me in tears at the end.

Oh my gosh. Worst episode EVER!!! It was so bad I had to watch it six times. . . . just to see what I missed while I was bawling. It's still my go to "I need to watch something sad".

Side note- rumor has it River Song is going to be part of the Christmas special?!? Just a rumor, but I can get my hopes up, can't I?
  • nade0069
    Options
    nade0069 wrote: »

Oh my gosh. Worst episode EVER!!! It was so bad I had to watch it six times. . . . just to see what I missed while I was bawling. It's still my go to "I need to watch something sad".

Side note- rumor has it River Song is going to be part of the Christmas special?!? Just a rumor, but I can get my hopes up, can't I?

I really hope that River Song is in the Christmas special. She is so amazing!
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    **"POTENTIAL SPOILERS "**

Rumor says it's going to be a "Christmas Carol" type story... And that's where Tennant comes in, too. (Christmas past.)
  • nade0069
    Options
    DoctahJenn wrote: »
    **"POTENTIAL SPOILERS "**

Rumor says it's going to be a "Christmas Carol" type story... And that's where Tennant comes in, too. (Christmas past.)

• Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Saddest episode for me? "Vincent and the Doctor"... GETS ME EVERY TIME!!!!!
  • DoctahJenn
    Options

Don't even get me started on that one. As someone with very severe depression, it leaves me a complete mess. But I love it. So much.
  • nade0069
    Options
    DoctahJenn wrote: »

Don't even get me started on that one. As someone with very severe depression, it leaves me a complete mess. But I love it. So much.

I try to not think about this one, Van Goh is one of my favorite artists, so this hit a very special spot for me. Also there is a history of depression on my moms side.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Ugh, yeah. That was a bad one.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options

Ugh, yeah. That was a bad one.

The thing is, even though it's sad, it's also one of the... not happiest, but perhaps most hopeful of the episodes. It ends on a good note, with friends, and hope. You can't say that for a lot of Doctor Who episodes.

Now, if you want a WEIRD episode, of course we all go to "Love and Monsters."

tumblr_inline_mryh8g0A2V1qz4rgp.jpg