43kg off in 6 months and targetting the last 20kg

Options
redkop
redkop Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
Well, I am 25 years old and I have always known myself to be the biggest in any year group. Though I would do loads of sports, I would tend to eat back all the calories burnt. I always thought I was fit, I had no BP problem, no sugar...nothing like that.

But last year, I did feel so minor knee pain and my collegues told me most likely my weight is proving to be the cause. Knee pain went away very quickly and then in January 2015, I was playing a badminton match and I was losing (against players who used to be weaker than me). I realised I was not running properly.

I decided to go for a jog that very weekend and I realised I could not lift my leg properly. That's one of the moment I told myself that I have to lose the weight. I went to a nutritionist and I do thank the team for the immense help. MFP also has a big role as I learnt to maintain my calorie intake (I actually learnt the BMR, the calories deficit and everything). I started exercising a lot, now I am on 6-8 hours per week of sports and aiming to complete a 50km race under 1h40min soon.

My height is 1.88m (6'2) and my starting weight was 150.2kg. I am currently 107kg and I still have some fat to get rid of.

Sports I practise are : yoga, cycling, running, swimming, badminton, football(soccer) and table tennis. For an idea of the progress, see pics.

27th Feb 2015 and 19th June 2015

m687ivz8zty8.jpg

26th February 2015

qrtpaqdh8kj9.jpg

13th September 2015

gvwlkxdl86i7.jpg

September 2014

qik0lgr3sq73.jpg

September 2015

jnxwce3rpu35.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!