I can't eat bread

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I googled, "there is no wagon" hoping for a clever meme for @auddii and actually the first thing that came up is a blog post from a "wellness coach" which I normally would discount but actually the post is pretty good... and her bio isn't too bad actually.

http://askgeorgie.com/you-didnt-fall-off-the-wagon/
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Here is your image for your meme...

wagon-crash.jpg

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I googled, "there is no wagon" hoping for a clever meme for @auddii and actually the first thing that came up is a blog post from a "wellness coach" which I normally would discount but actually the post is pretty good... and her bio isn't too bad actually.

I like that post.

I first heard of the "no wagon" idea from Mrs Jruzer, although I doubt she originated it. She lost a lot of weight before we met and has maintained it for years. She has internalized the process and is the perfect illustration, to me, of a lifestyle change. I'm still working at it, and this bit of wisdom has been helpful to me.
  • flotsette
    flotsette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do love this there is no wagon...
    But I'll just add, I have been gluten free for 20 years and I do manage to eat in restaurants. My big lesson from the last 20 years? Avoid fast food! Go to nicer restaurants, and get a cut of meat (you can even nix the starch and ask for double veggies). Also, look on yelp and put in "gluten free" and your town.

If you are losing weight and trying to make a lifestyle change, try to orient yourself AWAY from hyperpalatable fast food. It's almost impossible not to overeat, and it affects your metabolism for days!
  • flotsette
    flotsette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    PS: But I agree, if you do end up going to fast food, just peel off the bun and maybe get a side salad so you don't overdo the fries :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    so I'm on this diet and I can't eat pasta or bread.... I'm going to see my boyfriend tomorrow. And we get a hotel everytime I go see him. So we can't cook. What should I do if we go to a fast food place?!

Get a salad or a baked potato or chili or get sandwich and toss the bread in the trash bin.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I've heard her on a couple of podcasts and she worked on the Racing Weight cookbook with Matt Fitzgerald (author of Diet Cults and of good training and eating for endurance sports advice), so I'll give her some positive marks, despite my natural skepticism of wellness coaches.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    This won't work. Unless you plan to cut out pasta and bread FOREVER AND EVER, NEVER AGAIN... don't do it.
    How about you eat half? As soon as you get your food, cut it in half, wrap up the other half and put it back in the bag. You'll have a much better feeling of accomplishment having eaten what you want, only less of it.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten bread, pasta, rice, anything breaded, or sugar in over a year. It is still possible. You can get a burger with a lettuce wrap, you can order a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and a side salad, you can order a salad with grilled chicken or steak or shrimp, or any type of seafood dish with veggies. You are making it out to be a big deal in your head. It isn't. There is always something you can get at every single restaurant. I am living proof.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I've heard her on a couple of podcasts and she worked on the Racing Weight cookbook with Matt Fitzgerald (author of Diet Cults and of good training and eating for endurance sports advice), so I'll give her some positive marks, despite my natural skepticism of wellness coaches.

I saw her on the Racing Weight website, they offer monthly coaching with her. $297 a month o_0

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If you really don't want to eat bread, either go somewhere like KFC where it's easy to order a meal without bread (just don't get a sandwich and say 'no biscuit, please'), or get what you want and remove the bread. Throw it out right away if you think you'll sit and nibble on it.

I have to ask, though, as a fellow bread enthusiast. Is it all bread that you have trouble overeating, or can you stop with not-so-good bread like your basic hamburger bun and only have problems with 'good' stuff? If it's the former, staying away from all of it until you're better able to control wanting to eat all the bread might be a good idea. If it's the latter, avoiding the stuff you don't have trouble with is probably a waste of time and effort.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    CatShelton wrote: »
    I haven't eaten bread, pasta, rice, anything breaded, or sugar in over a year. It is still possible. You can get a burger with a lettuce wrap, you can order a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and a side salad, you can order a salad with grilled chicken or steak or shrimp, or any type of seafood dish with veggies. You are making it out to be a big deal in your head. It isn't. There is always something you can get at every single restaurant. I am living proof.

^This
  • aackerly0489
    aackerly0489 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah you Are right it is in my head. I just don't want to give up. Iam working really hard. I wanna lose weight. And jump off the wagon
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    so I'm on this diet and I can't eat pasta or bread.... I'm going to see my boyfriend tomorrow. And we get a hotel everytime I go see him. So we can't cook. What should I do if we go to a fast food place?!

Cesar salad, steak and greens. Burger (just don't eat the bun).

Go for a fish or seafood option.

If you really do not want to eat pasta or bread, then don't.

It's not necessary for weight loss, but if you feel you will be healthier or eating in a deficit is easier without them and you want to avoid those things then avoid them.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Well I actually can't eat bread because I'll get bloated and have to poop. Pretty much just don't eat it there's a lot of food out there