21 Dayf Fix + LCHF?

Options
I also posted this in my low carb group but hoping to open this up to more people. A friend of mine is a new BB coach and is pressing me to try (buy) the 21 Day Fix program. I get the concept and I know it works for a lot of people, but I am not having any luck determining if it can be adapted to a LCHF diet (>25 net carbs a day). My friend just calls it "clean" eating, which is awesome, but those yellow carb boxes look giant to me from a keto standpoint. I am always willing to try something new, but I don't want to do it if it's not feasible to do grain and sugar free. And I am not interested in Shakeology. All the meal plans I have looked at online include the shakes.

I wondered if anyone had experience adapting the system or following a meal plan that worked for keto and 21 DF.

THANKS!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If your current way of eating works for you and makes you happy, I have to question why your friend is asking you to adopt a new plan. Is she suggesting it because she thinks it will benefit you? Or is it more of a benefit to her?
  • MrsMES10
    MrsMES10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If your current way of eating works for you and makes you happy, I have to question why your friend is asking you to adopt a new plan. Is she suggesting it because she thinks it will benefit you? Or is it more of a benefit to her?

I think she is looking to build her business, to be honest. She's not a big proponent of low carb and is obsessed with Autumn Calabreese.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Give her $20 and a pat on the head.

Then get on with what you want to do.
  • MrsMES10
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Give her $20 and a pat on the head.

Then get on with what you want to do.

Good call, LOL
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the workout program or the containers? The containers would not work with a LCHF diet because it inherently limits fats (the smallest container).

If you want to support your friend, feel free, but I don't think the containers would benefit you in any way if you want to stick with LCHF. If you want to try a different way of eating and don't mind spending the money (it's just limiting portions which you can figure out for free), give it a try.
  • MrsMES10
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Are you talking about the workout program or the containers? The containers would not work with a LCHF diet because it inherently limits fats (the smallest container).

If you want to support your friend, feel free, but I don't think the containers would benefit you in any way if you want to stick with LCHF. If you want to try a different way of eating and don't mind spending the money (it's just limiting portions which you can figure out for free), give it a try.

Thanks, this is what i was thinking. If I do anything, I'll spring for the workouts only.
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes, spring for the workouts only. I like them and they are doable...
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yup, no way can you make it work. The fat that the diet calls for is so little! And the yellow containers are huge. I don't think you can buy the workouts without the containers, but if you want to help her out a little and get a great benefit of workouts you can tell her you want to become an on-demand member. You will get access to a bunch of different workouts from all their top trainers online. You can stream them on any device. You won't get full workout programs like T25 or PiYO unless you buy the program seperately, but there are over 100 different workouts by those trainers and always new ones being added and its about $10-15 a month if I remember correctly.
  • kingcharlene
    kingcharlene Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a beach body coach and shakeology is in the food index. I have cancer and shakeology is bringing me back to health. The containers are portion controls. You can make the shakes taste anyway you want them too. Just my 2 cents
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    MrsMES10 wrote: »
    I think she is looking to build her business, to be honest. She's not a big proponent of low carb and is obsessed with Autumn Calabreese.
    You hit the nail squarely on the head. Beachbody is a MLM/pyramid scam. Their workouts aren't bad, but you can find far better supplements for far less money. Snakeoilogy is nothing more than an inferior, overpriced protein powder. It's disingenuous for them to call their salespeople "coaches", as they receive no training or certification whatsoever - they pay their $39.95 or whatever and voila, they're a "coach". Most of them know nothing beyond the advertising hype that BeachBody shoves down their throats and if you ask for peer-reviewed studies showing the efficacy of their snake oils, they'll have no answer for you.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I reckon it would work if you threw away the yellow box and put water or BPC in the shake thing.. I could get a lot of cheese in that blue one, and with two containers of seeds and oils too....
    cxlq6lgbc5cu.png
  • leahwaters828
    leahwaters828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The shakes are expensive but I do hear ALot of great reviews. I also know a ton of "coaches" I have wanted to get into it as well however I just can't justify the $. I think for someone who is sick with cancer then go for it. However, there was a side by side comparison done and the only thing different between that and vega ons is MSM supplements. I have 21 day fix and recently started the DVDs and OMG I didn't realize how out of shape I am until those. I am new to the lchf and still very confused how it works. I say that you aren't missing anything by not getting it though. There are TONs of other DVDs