Good tasting protein powder??

Options

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    The best tasting protein powder on the market, agreed by bodybuilders and athletes who consume these products on a very regular basis, is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0

Any flavor.

Optimum & BSN & Cellucor & Quest all suck compared to the flavor of XF Ultra Peptide

Another tasty option is PES Select.

A good protein powder should taste fine in plain water or milk. You don't need to blend them with a ton of ingredients or fruit.

Protein is protein, calm your *kitten* down big man..LOL and the ones you claim "suck" are really good brands and actually do taste good, especially Syntha-6. There isn't no "best" protein either which is why I had to reply to you.

OP: It's hard to say what you would find "good" but from the few proteins I've tried, BSN Syntha-6 is pretty good as well as BPI Whey HD. I would just suggest to read reviews online (use bodybuilding.com to look at flavor ratings on each brand of protein)
  • jstyles49
    jstyles49 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use Met rx... It taste good, but it's extremely good and actually completely takes away my appetite. It has 240 calories and 39 grams of protein.
  • williamwj2014
    Options
    K2KRAKY wrote: »
    Should I be using Whey protein or soy Protein. I really need to lose weight so I don't want something loaded with sugar and the same goes for almond milk etc. I'm trying to find the highest protein source with the lowest fat and calorie content. I burn out every day around two pm and I know it's not enough protein so I need something to get me going until dinner time and hopefully stave off night time snacking as well plus making me last apt to have too much at dinner time also. There is just so much on the market. Nutrition House is so expensive and I wonder if the stuff at a place like Costco is crap. Confused Canadian

Don't buy soy protein..it's not as good of a protein source as whey. Most whey protein powders are something like 120 calories, 1g fat, 20-25g of protein.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy soy protein. iOP, it's processed industrial crap. We all eat enough sounds it is. Whey is a much better choice if you can tolerate dairy. Tera's Whey makes some delicious flavors that are sweetened using stevia instead of artificial sweeteners and are free from the fillers that a lot of mainstream brands have. It does tend to clump unless you're using a shaker bottle, though.

That said, my ultimate reccomendation goes to Garden of Life. They just came out with thier new Organic Plant Protein this year, and it's really yummy. The vanilla is my favorite, but they also make it in chocolate, coffee, and smooth energy. Super smooth compared to most plant proteins that I've tried. Plus, it has a probiotic and enzyme blend in it, so that's always nice too!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Protein is protein, calm your *kitten* down big man..LOL and the ones you claim "suck" are really good brands and actually do taste good, especially Syntha-6. There isn't no "best" protein either which is why I had to reply to you.

Thank you for that. Someone needed to say it.

As for me, Optimum Nutrition - Chocolate... but to each his own.

Now, because my wife made me go out and find an organic powder - I'm on some horrible stuff I wouldn't recommend to anyone. But at a certain point, you're really just trying to get it in your body. So I don't try to make it special... just toss it in a little water, mixed it up, and choke it down.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Myprotein is a reasonably priced protein brand with many flavours. They usually have sales, and I got like 20% off my order. I purchased four flavour and they were strawberry cream, mint chocolate, toffee, and salted caramel. Strawberry cream was the best one out of the four, it taste like a strawberry milkshake and I take my time drinking it because I enjoy the taste. Toffee was my second favorite, some people say it has a chemically after taste but I didn't notice it. Mint chocolate is one of the highest rated flavours with strawberry cream, but it taste a little more minty than chocolaty which I didn't expect and it is my third favourite out of the four. Salted caramel was my least favourite because it doesn't really taste like caramel, taste more like vanilla with a tiny hint of caramel. When I run out protein and need to grab some more, I'll probably reorder strawberry cream and then try out their other flavours.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i love pure protein brand. i get vanilla so i can add fruit or chocolate.
  • natlierees
    natlierees Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bulk powders berries and cream is amazing! Lemon meringue is good too
  • pazza164
    pazza164 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi- I use the my protein range which can be purchased online. I use toffee flavour often and that doesn't taste too bad
  • loic901
    loic901 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Here is some of the best taste protein powder i usually get: ultra peptide 2.0, syntha-6 and some of the muclepharm line
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm really picky and mainly stick with Quest's Vanilla Milkshake flavor protein powder (the other flavors are good, but nothing amazing in my opinion, although I'm anxious to try the new Salted Caramel and Banana Cream flavors), Spiru-tein protein powder (admittedly only tried Blueberries & Cream but was very impressed), and anything from MusclePharms line of protein powders (I try to stick to their Combat since I don't need anything fast releasing, but their 100% isolates taste really good too)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    The best tasting protein powder on the market, agreed by bodybuilders and athletes who consume these products on a very regular basis, is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0

Any flavor.

Optimum & BSN & Cellucor & Quest all suck compared to the flavor of XF Ultra Peptide

A good protein powder should taste fine in plain water or milk. You don't need to blend them with a ton of ingredients or fruit.

@williamwj2014

I was talking strictly about the best taste, "big man". In that regard, protein is not protein... Never said anything about the brands sucking or spiking the protein powders with fillers. But if you want to drink something that tastes like chalk, then be my guest.
  • williamwj2014
    Options

Any flavor.

@williamwj2014

I was talking strictly about the best taste, "big man". In that regard, protein is not protein... Never said anything about the brands sucking or spiking the protein powders with fillers. But if you want to drink something that tastes like chalk, then be my guest.

Lol I've seen many of your posts on here and you come off as if you knew it all. My statement still stands..PROTEIN IS PROTEIN. What might tastes like "chalk" to you might not taste as bad to someone else. If taste matters to you in a protein shake, your doing this *kitten* completely wrong. Also, I'm aware of protein spiking which is another reason why I choose not to buy protein powders anymore but as stated earlier, I will not make a stupid comment like you about what's the best.

Anyways, way to reply to this a month later BIG MAN.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Any flavor.

@williamwj2014

Lol I've seen many of your posts on here and you come off as if you knew it all. My statement still stands..PROTEIN IS PROTEIN. What might tastes like "chalk" to you might not taste as bad to someone else. If taste matters to you in a protein shake, your doing this *kitten* completely wrong. Also, I'm aware of protein spiking which is another reason why I choose not to buy protein powders anymore but as stated earlier, I will not make a stupid comment like you about what's the best.

ATUfGEl.gif

Are you done puffing your chest now, big man?

If having tried upwards of 45 protein powders claims that I know it all, then I guess I know it all.

I know taste is subjective. But thousands upon thousands of collective third party opinion proves you wrong (you know... other people saying it is good/bad tasting}.
  • williamwj2014
    Options

Any flavor.

@williamwj2014

ATUfGEl.gif

Are you done puffing your chest now, big man?

If having tried upwards of 45 protein powders claims that I know it all, then I guess I know it all.

I know taste is subjective. But thousands upon thousands of collective third party opinion proves you wrong (you know... other people saying it is good/bad tasting}.

Lol just shhh.
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pro-Complete V-Core Vantage Vanilla from Complete Nutrition. 150 calories and 25 grams of protein.

https://www.completenutrition.com/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/150690/vcorevantage_vanillabean_supp.jpg&width=300
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    C'mon fella's , pull your zips back up... :wink:
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Vitamin Shoppe's True Athlete in Chocolate is gold :)
    Also the Muscle Milk Vanilla is nice. And the Garden of Life Raw Protein in Vanilla.
    I do love the orgain too!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Quest PB powder