5'2, 133lbs and in a size 9-10 pant

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    And like.... when I weighed 140 I wore a size 14 petite. I always wear much bigger sizes than everyone else my height and weight, which really ticks me off. It's not extra fat; I had my body fat, lean body weight, etc measured by my nutritionist. I am only 25% fat. My lean body weight is 89 pounds. I forget how much she said was water but it was a normal proportion. At 46 years old this body composition is quite healthy. I have medium bone/frame size. So I have no clue how others are wearing these tiny sizes.... the smallest size I ever wore in my life at my adult height, at only 110 lbs in high school, was a 7. I have a bust of 36, waist of 27, hips of 36. *throws hands in air* no freaking clue. Also at my all time low weight of 103 and did 100 situps a day, when I was super fit and on the swim team, I still did not have a flat stomach. Never have never will. DOOM. I mostly just wear dresses unless it's really freezing out.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    At 190 pounds and 5'2", I wore a 16. I lost 47 pounds, down to 143 pounds at my lightest and wore a size 4/6, then incorporated weights and immediately gained 10 pounds, but stayed a size 6. Everything just tightened and toned up, fat cut away and muscle showed. That was 3 years ago.. I'm now at 152-154 pounds and a size 6.
  • balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    im 5'2'' at 148 pounds and in a size 7 in juriors. BUT!!!!!! that is because my butt was the first thing to go and my belly has barely left at all. i think id rather have a nice size 9 booty than this tiny thing and a big muffin top. lol
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yup,
    I am convinced no one my weight wears as big of pants size as I do and that I will never ever ever be in a smaller size. I'm taller - but I feel your pain.

THANK you. That's how I always feel on these pants size threads. I'm 5'7" and 150 pounds and pants are pretty much always a 12 (maybe sometimes a 10 but it's rare). I don't get to a 10 til I drop to 140, which is tough for me to maintain.

yup 5'6" and 145 I still wore a 10! Juniors 11's and the oddball 9 were the smallest my thighs would ever fit into. You could see my spine and ribs at that weight:(
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm built the opposite way. In the 170's I can wear a 10 pant, but my upper half is still big. When I am down in a healthy range, I can wear kid pants, LOL.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    nilbogger wrote: »
    Juniors 9 is usually about the same as misses 6 or 8, depending on the brand.

This
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I only wear a size smaller, I think, and I'm taller (5'6") and happy with my figure. I'm short-waisted with long legs and a butt that I had to work hard to keep! It tried to go away too much, and that's just not cool :grin:

The short-waisted part makes my waist only go so low in inches. My ribcage and pelvis are quite wide and close together, lol. I can see my ribs and hipbones, and I can feel that my waist is not fat. My lowest tummy still is a bit soft on top, but not enough to bother ;)

So 'big' measurements don't always mean a bad kind of big. Think short amazon, lol! But that does depend on body/frame type, clearly.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Pant size is also dependent on the width of your hips. I'm 5'1.5" and 120 lbs., but can't go below a 6, except in 1 or 2 brands (GAP runs big sometimes). I just can't get anything smaller over my pelvis bones. When I was closer to your weight, I was around a 10. Also, "junior" sizes run smaller; I can still run a 9-10 in some of the junior pants, which I occasionally buy because I'm so short.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 145lb in size 12, and given my bone structure I'd be surprised if I ever get below a 10! My midwife used to say I have good child birthing hips..
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Pant size can very so much. Not only does your body composition and bone structure effect it, but just between different cuts and brands sizes can vary.

Example:

I bought a pair of Faded Glory shorts last month in a size 4. I constantly have to pull them up and can take them off without undoing the zipper. Probably should have bought a size 2.
    Tried on a pair of Faded Glory jeans today in size 4, 6, and 8. All of them were too tight on my hip bones (kept getting looser everywhere else), but they all dug into my hip bones to the point of pain. Not a good cut for me. However a size 4 in a different cut fit just fine. In the juniors sizes of Faded Glory, I seem to fit into a 5 or 7. 9's are way to big.

In a brand that target carries I can wear anything from a snug 0 to a 6. I just bought a pair of jeans size 0 that are slightly snug (not enough to give a muffin top or anything like that), but I figure since I'm still losing weight it won't be long before they fit just fine. I have a pair of shorts in size 4 (same brand) that are too big and a size 6 (same brand) that fit perfectly.

edit: I'm not 5'2 which is why I didn't give my weight. I just wanted to show how widely sizes can vary.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting post. I always thought that my high body fat % had something to do with my pant size but some of you are a low weight/ fat % and are not a size 2. I'm 5'4" 159 and wear a size 14 (a tight 14) and per my scale I'm about 40% fat (37 inch waist). I have a small bone structure and at my lowest weight I was 115 lbs, 27 inch waist and 25% fat and a size 4. It must be my big butt since I've never been a size 2 LOL. I also remember being around 130 and a size 8.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and about 145 right now. Sizing depends so much on the store. One of my favorite stores the sizing runs a little big so I actually wear a 7/8 there. But comfortably fitting in size 10 skinny jeans from gap.
  • Viylette
    Viylette Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pant size in stores is crazy in this day and time. I weigh 160 and I am 5'2", and I wear a size 6 in Anne Taylor Loft jeans and all dresses. But, I wear a size 8 in dress pants. When I first bought the jeans, I thought it was vanity sizing, but in almost all my clothes from all different brands, I can usually fit into a size 6. So, I think I am the oddball the other direction.
  • melissaRmennone
    melissaRmennone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5"5 weight anywhere between 175 and 180.
    I wear a woman's size 10 and juniors size 13.
  • Verivus
    Verivus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5'2", 135, typically a size 4 in pants.
  • Caletara
    Caletara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 121 and I'm wearing a size 8 pants. For me, the 15 lbs I lost didn't make a dent in my stomach, so my abdomen is still a size 8--but my hip, butt and legs are a size 4-6. So my pants look totally weird. I recently found that New york and Company's runway style pants seem to work better.

Keep at it, hopefully it will happen eventually!
  • amy102875
    amy102875 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 139 lbs. and wearing a 5/6 in jeans now (29 in Silvers, my new favorites, if that means anything to anyone). I started at 204 in a tight 18. Sizes really vary widely by brand though too.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", weigh 128 and wear anything from a 6 to a 10 depending on where I get them. If I go to Ann Taylor who has vanity sizing I can get in something much smaller. Moral of the story - it's not about size of clothes, it's about a healthy lifestyle
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why there are people here who are the same height and weight as me but are in smaller pants sizes, but I sure am jealous. I am 5'2 and 126 pounds, and I wear sizes 10 to 12 jeans. Does it have to do with the fact that all my jeans are high rises? Or maybe all my body fat is in my stomach and no where else on my body? I've wondered this for awhile now

It is because different companies size their clothing differently. These days, women's sizes are all arbitrary.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Your clothing sizes sound so confusing, what are misses and junior? At they for little girls?

I'm 4'11", 164lbs and wear a New Zealand/UK size 16, which is a 12 as far as I know in the USA.