looking for inspiration and support.

Hi,

I have been told I was fat my entire life, so I am about to change. Just started my first week. Looking for people to support and inspire each other!!!! Let make it happen!

Hope to here from you!

Replies

• kdewitt3
    kdewitt3 Posts: 5 Member
    I have battled my weight my entire life for as long as I can remember. I lost 60 pounds in 2013 and kept it off until recently. It's slowly creeping back and I'm up about 35 pounds. It stops today. My biggest issue is carbs and I don't really get any exercise. I also need accountability. When I join an organized plan and have to go weigh in it seems to keep me better in line since I have this commitment to weigh in. I hope to have greater accountability by interacting with this community, I'm committing to weigh in every Saturday morning and posting my progress. I've completed my weigh in this morning and have put it in my diary. My goal is to lose 35.5 pounds and I start today. Thank you for holding me accountable to this commitment. I will support you in your journey and hopefully we can inspire others. I may go out for a walk this morning to start my day. I'll post again soon.
  • mbaremans
    mbaremans Posts: 3 Member
    I think we can help each other! I have many low carb recipes that doesn't make you feel you are on a diet. And I totally understand the not exercising part, what I try to do.. is walking to places I need to go instead of car or bus. Taking the stairs instead of elevator and I post this, this makes me see how much calories I burned. Also eating less carbs has made me feel more active. Tomorrow I am weighing in I hope to see my results. Thank you for your support ! I appreciate it!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    First of all, forget every nasty comment - that won't help you. It's not about being thin or to hit a certain number, it's about being healthy which you certainly can be. You can do this! :)
  • wisesh
    wisesh Posts: 3 Member
    30 lbs to loose, starts today. No pants fit, and no money for shopping anyway.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Welcome! I had been having a hard time losing weight but mfp is helping me a lot. I am trying to fit in some exercise weekly although it's hard with my schedule. As everyone says though (and it's true), as long as you stay within your allotted calories you will lose.

Best piece of advice I can give (and you'll see everywhere here) is to get a food scale that measures in grams. It's a bit weird/inconvenient to use at first but once you get the hang of it, it takes no time at all. It will help ensure you are eating proper portions.

That's all you really need to do to get the ball rolling! Portion control and calories.
  • elekroos7
    elekroos7 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm new to MFP and starting my weight loss journey, again ;) Feel free to add me for motivation, humor and eventually, recipes :)
  • jordanbassmft
    jordanbassmft Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone!

I would just like to share a little about myself,
    I was a very overweight child, at the age of 13 I weighed in at over 100kg and had a size 42 inch waist (I can get photos haha)
    I was bullied a lot as a kid for being fat and over weight, this also led to myself becoming angry and spiteful and I actually remember being a bully myself, Which I am in no way proud of at all.
    But i am glad all these things happened to me as it led me to where i am today.
    I started eating more healthily and training when I was about 16 and got down to a pretty healthy and muscular 82kg which I was very happy with!
    fast forward a few years and I am now a certified Personal trainer with many years experience in my field and am also currently studying a bachelor in exercise sport science.

Now I think everyone using this application would agree that they are here because they are not happy with there body at the moment and no one understands this more then me, It can be a tough journey which is obscured by the hundreds of nutritional "facts" out there so if any one would like some advice please feel free to get in contact with me as I would love to help you on your journey and get to the truth about nutrition and health!

Best wishes, Jordan.