Here I go again

Options
I have been on a roll a coaster since 2010. I started on here the first time in March and was doing great, I lost almost 70 pounds by the end of June. I was in a car accident in May and I am sure that helped some but I had the calorie thing under control and was building on my activity levels. I broke pretty much every bone in my right leg below the knee and the trauma was bad enough I almost lost the leg. I got better, diet still going well not perfect but well. In April of 2011 all my therapy was done and I was ready to hit the ground running. Here is were things get weird, I was in another car accident in the same intersection as the first one. This time broke my femur in the right leg as well as my right wrest. I want to point out I was a passenger in both accidents and neither were the fault of the person I was riding with. To make my story shorter, I had to go through another 8 month of recovery and therapy. It was at this time my diet went out the window and I find myself were I am today a little over 4 years later, up over 80 lbs to my all time high weight. I am currently seeing a dietitian but am looking for people to share my journey with and if we can help and encourage one another along the way, I say that's a win win in my book. Anyway, I now find my self at 490.1 lbs and hope that only goes down from here.

I wish you all the best of luck either way, but if you want to friend that'd be cool, if not that's okay too.

Thanks Rob

Replies

• pedrolaroque
    pedrolaroque Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Rob,

You can do it man. We can be friends.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi rob ! Sorry about your accidents. You can do this !!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Rob :]
    First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your accidents but your strength and determination is amazing. Keep that positive 'I want this' attitude up and you'll go far. Joining MFP is definitely a really good start - Don't be afraid to reach out here for help and support, there are so many amazing people here that are willing to help you on your way. You can do this, I promise! Wishing you the best of luck.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    That's terrible about the accidents! I wish you the best of luck! You can do this! Just remember that if something is not working for you it's okay to try something different. I remind myself daily that I don't have to be perfect I just have to be better.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Rob so very impressed by your ability to get up and do this again! I'm sure you will reach your goals because you are a fighter!
  • pinkvanillacupcakes
    Options
    Friend request sent: )
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I think we've all had set backs, so don't let it get you down. You're here now! Feel free to add me.
    Oh, maybe avoid that intersection from now on!! It doesn't seem to like you there.