Contrave

Options
Today is my first day starting the pill Contrave. I feel pretty good so far. I was not sure if I was supposed to take it with food or on a empty stomach. Anyone have any suggestions or success stories???

Replies

• marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That's a prescription only pill, isn't it? If you need to take it with food, there should be a note on the bottle/package that says so. If you're still not sure, call the pharmacy that filled the prescription and ask. The pharmacist will tell you. Best of luck with it. I hope it helps you reach your goals.
  • GSanc2
    GSanc2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    blawson425 wrote: »
    Today is my first day starting the pill Contrave. I feel pretty good so far. I was not sure if I was supposed to take it with food or on a empty stomach. Anyone have any suggestions or success stories???

I take Contrave with a little food. If I don't, I feel very nauseous. I've lost 20 lbs since June 29th & I really feel great! I don't take the recommended dose because it's too much. My Dr has ok'd the amount. I take 2-3 pills a day depending on when I take the first pill in the morning. This has worked for me :)
  • MacksFisher
    MacksFisher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started it mid July and as of Sept 13th I lost 30 lbs. I never had nausea. I had some mild constipation, some pretty hard stomach cramping and I am sweating like a snowman in hell. But it is working great for me