Struggling

Options
I've just kicked things back into gear this past week.

My daily calorie recommendation is 1350. I'm 5'4", 175 lbs, muscular. My goal weight is 140.

I've walked 3 miles each day this week, added in some upper body strength training, and I'm feeling great!

Here's the problem: I'm struggling to get up to my calorie recommendation. I'm not trying to cut what I'm eating. Yesterday I ended the day around 900 calories. I work to stay away from carbs and sugar. I feel that this past week my midsection is getting larger instead of smaller. What gives? How on earth am I supposed to get that many calories into my body?!?

I appreciate any and all suggestions!! I don't want to be discouraged a week into this!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary but add more fat to your diet like peanut butter, whole eggs, whole fat dairy to name a few.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food and logging it accurately?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Have you considered 'banking' the calories that you are under for a 'treat' at the weekend? That's what I do if I'm under my calories. I get to Saturday morning, count back the 'under' days and add it in to my Saturday calorie allowance :) I love it!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Is that 900 "net" calories after subtracting exercise calories? Or is that a total of only 900 calories?
  • jksmomma04
    jksmomma04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The 900 is total calories. I do need to add in more eggs for sure. We eat full fat dairy but I'm not a huge milk drinker, though I see how that can help add some good calories. I'm not a big lunch person, so I generally have a slim fast shake and I blend half of an avocado into it. Snacks tend to be carrots, broccoli, cucumbers or a spoon is peanut butter.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How are you measuring that peanut butter? With a *food scale? Because, I can get a lot of peanut butter on a spoon... 400-600 calories worth.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'd use up your excess with a treat meal on the weekend as @PinkPixiexox has already recommended. That's a very easy way to add 200 or even 300 calories per day to your balance. See my example foods at Milestones in my thread on weightloss. If the post is too long over all just search for "milestones".

Osric