Been eating a ton and ism why!

Options
Hello,

I've noticed my appetite has increased substancianially since I started university and I feel so guilty for mindlessly eating until I'm stuffed every other day!

Any ideas why this has happened to me and how I can change it?

Thanks!

Replies

• andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    First of all, good for you for recognising it so fast.
    People under stress (as you seem to be) respond in different ways.
    They become stress eaters or their appetite is gone. A precious few are unaffected.

Now that you know that stress is getting to you, find ways to combat it.
    Find some stress relieving activities that you enjoy doing and be mindful of your eating.
    It's all a part of university life.
    All the best!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What has changed? Are you walking more?
    How about sleep. Are you getting enough sleep.
  • Jean8595
    Jean8595 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I moved to university residence. Been walking a lot and sleeping well (but I do notice my energy level is super low most of the time).
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothies pack a lot of energy.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the same foods as before?
  • Jean8595
    Jean8595 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the same food, minus some cooked lasagna..... I'm def not pregnant and I am really stressed. I want to lose weight but I'm so hungry and that prob means my body is missing a nutrient so when I crave food I believe it's my body telling me something.
  • jurple132
    jurple132 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If your energy is low, you might want to get a dr to check your iron levels.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, you might be substantially hungrier due to being more active-getting from class to class, dorm, library usually requires a substantial amount of walking, even on a small campus.

As for stuffing yourself every day, that may be a reaction due to stress. Starting college is no small thing, changing schedules, usually moving, etc, is no small thing.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    To help the stress, try to find a yoga or meditation class. Many universities have them for free.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Boredom? Sitting and studying for hours on end was dull. I used to get up and eat just to do something.