No weight loss for 13 days

Options
So I started this journey to change my lifestyle in early july. I started at 232 pounds. I am a 35 year old female and most my life I've been overweight. :( I have a family and kids and I just put my foot down. I don't do anything crazy no cleanses, pill. Just lean proteins fruits and veggies water and exercise. I'm down to 207 great...however the scale has not changed in 13 days. Actually it went up to 208 and it just stays there. :( my exercises change daily and I have no idea how to get the scale to start going down. Everyday I do my best and eat clean and I'm trying so hard not to get discouraged. Was looking I to flat tummy tea or skinny mint tea to detox and cleanse my system. Maybe restart it? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Nicole

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Detoxing and cleansing your system is handled by your liver and kidneys.

Verify how much you're actually eating and be patient. Avoid the temptation to waste time and money on quick "fixes." If there were quick fixes, there wouldn't be as many fat people.
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This exact thing just happened to me. Went no prob from 225 to 205 then nothing - 16 days. Finally dropped 2.2 pounds ( so really still ended up losing my pound a week). I tightened up my logging - weighed my food as much as possible - and I think I had retained water due to a salty Chinese takeaway. Stuck with it and I'm soooooo happy I did. Hang in there b
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you want more accurate advice from the experienced people, you could open your diary for a little while and let us take a look.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Don't panic. Although 13 days seems like forever to you, it's not really that long for your body. The body does not respond uniformly and consistently. Just make sure you're honest and accurate in your eating & logging, keep moving which helps ur burn, and consider the feedback others give you on ur diary. Keep going.
  • robandnicolevolpe
    Options
    How do I open my diary. I'm obsessed with logging. I even log gum lol
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    To open your diary go to Settings>Diary Settings.

I wouldn't worry about a plateau unless it's been 3 or more weeks. Make sure you're logging consistently and accurately and look at the long term trend.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Where are you in your cycle? I gain/don't lose for 10-14 days every month.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Where are you in your cycle? I gain/don't lose for 10-14 days every month.

This. Then when I lose 3-5 pounds the week after my period.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You've lost 24lbs in 11 or so weeks, more than 2lbs per week on average is a great pace! It took me 6 months to go from the same start weight to my current (204lbs).

Just keep going, try to watch your sodium intake as it might be masking something with water weight, and it will happen. I wouldn't start to worry until its been more than 6 weeks.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Patience my dear. Nothing to panic about yet. If you continue to remain at a stall take a good look at your logging. Do you use a food scale?

And just say no to the magic potions. Unless you really like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Those teas are usually just laxatives.
  • robandnicolevolpe
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am doing this all for my babies. I want to be healthy and happy. I haven't touched anything bad. I want this to be a lifestyle so a treat to me might be some fruit or something healthy. It's a lifestyle change that is forever. Just want to see more results. I get nervous I'm doing something wrong
  • FitnessDebunked_com
    Options
    Keeping an actual account of what you eat is key. Eating is number 1. Workouts help burn calories as does moving in general. Use MFP to find out what calories you need and eat that number or less. Update your weight every 5lbs lost. Keep strong, this will happen for you.
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Take a break from exercise... I tend to lose weight after a break as you will lose water when you give yourself a break.

R
  • earlybrn
    earlybrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me lost 14 lbs the first 3 weeks. I went 3 weeks without losing a pound. This Friday I was down 4 lbs! Just keep logging your meals and add 10-15 minutes to your work out!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    If your exercises change daily, maybe it's water/glycogen due to exercise. That's nothing to get concerned about and you'll be losing again soon :)
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If your exercises change daily, maybe it's water/glycogen due to exercise. That's nothing to get concerned about and you'll be losing again soon :)

Maybe this. I change my exercises a lot and I'll notice an extra 3 pounds of water weight on the scale the next morning. It's pretty crazy, but I take it as a sign that I must have really pushed hard in my workout. It goes away after a day or so for me though. I try to just weight myself once a week so the fluctuations don't bother me.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Relax and hang in there :)
    I'd suggest tightening up your logging for a while and weigh all your foods - see if that makes any difference. I wouldn't waste your money on cleansing products, your body does that for you so it's not necessary. I'd also work out where you are in your monthly cycle - I can gain up to 6lbs depending on where I'm 'at'.
  • robandnicolevolpe
    Options
    Cycle as in period? Mine ended two days ago
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So I started this journey to change my lifestyle in early july. I started at 232 pounds. I am a 35 year old female and most my life I've been overweight. :( I have a family and kids and I just put my foot down. I don't do anything crazy no cleanses, pill. Just lean proteins fruits and veggies water and exercise. I'm down to 207 great...however the scale has not changed in 13 days. Actually it went up to 208 and it just stays there. :( my exercises change daily and I have no idea how to get the scale to start going down. Everyday I do my best and eat clean and I'm trying so hard not to get discouraged. Was looking I to flat tummy tea or skinny mint tea to detox and cleanse my system. Maybe restart it? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Nicole

Two weeks is no time at all. Weight loss is not linear.

Have you allowed MFP to adjust your calories down with each 10 pounds you've lost?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Relax and hang in there :)
    I'd suggest tightening up your logging for a while and weigh all your foods - see if that makes any difference. I wouldn't waste your money on cleansing products, your body does that for you so it's not necessary. I'd also work out where you are in your monthly cycle - I can gain up to 6lbs depending on where I'm 'at'.

This too.