Food, exercise, nursing

Options
For my nursing Mommas out there.... is your your calories burned / calorie intake affected by nursing from what I understand when you are BF your calorie intake is higher but you're also burning calories from BF.....can that be indicated on this app?
??????

Replies

• FitMomOK
    FitMomOK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i'm interested if there's a setting for that as well.
    what i've been doing for 3rd trimester calories is setting app for maintenance, then eating 300-500 cal over per day. bfd'ing is supposed to be 500 cal/day over maintenance as well, but you may need to try that and adjust based on your body.
  • FitMomOK
    Options
    mfp always has me in the red, of course, as over calories, but i ignore that. i look at the nutrition graph for the week to make sure i'm basically on track.

another thought is you could say you are 'very active' even if you're not because it will adjust your calories up.
  • itsmrsgreene
    itsmrsgreene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Idk....my calories is already at 1800...isnt that alot? I hardly go in the red...no longer EBF....pumping and nursing
  • FitMomOK
    Options
    i think it depends a lot on your body, activity, etc.
    If you are losing about 1 lb a week and have good milk supply you're prob at a good level.
    If you lose more than 2lbs a week, your milk supply may go down, so add in a few hundred cals and see if that's a good level.
    you may need to keep adjusting for a while to see where you stabilize.