Home exercise

Options
Hi guys,

I'm pretty broke at the moment and can't afford the gym also my area is not somewhere which is really safe to run on your own.

Was wondering if anyone has some good helpful exercises that you can do at home which has helped them lose weight and fit around their own schedules?

Thanks
Sam

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You can do body weight exercises like you are your own gym or convict conditioning. Also check out youtube, there are tons of free exercise videos there. My favorites are fitness blender, millionaire hoy, blogilates. Others I like are jillian michaels, gymra, melissa bender.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you invest in a set of 5-10lb dumbbells, you can do a lot of exercises in the safety of your own home. I'll link you to a few of my favorites!

(You need some weights for this one) http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/real-plans/beach-body-circuit-workout/

(No equipment needed for the Jump for Joy! one. I love it! Makes me sweat buckets.) http://www.shape.com/fitness/cardio/5-ways-burn-500-calories-30-minutes/page/5

(No equipment needed!) http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/step-it-plyometric-workout/prisoner-squat-hop

Enjoy the burn!
  • sampenguin
    sampenguin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :smiley:
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Also resistance bands. You don't need all the colors but maybe one or two with the right resistance that fits you. Those could be harder than dumbbells in some moves.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Check out goodwill for low cost fitness equip. I've bought most oft dim bells there, step riser, stability ball, jump rope, yoga mat & block, and more. Not all at once, but check about 1x/wk. it's amazing what you can find over time.
  • jasminecain1994
    Options
    Look on YouTube there is a channel called fitin90 its a 90 day program and it's free!
  • Chessie28804
    Chessie28804 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I found a lot of good stuff on Pinterest - there is so many cool full workouts that you can do at home. And jump rope is awesome cardio
  • sampenguin
    sampenguin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, just brought a cheap jump rope on Amazon and found a good kick boxing thing online so I'm gunna give those a try. Thanks for your help :smile:
  • suelaw
    suelaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of buying some workout dvds and someone suggested fitnessblender.com. I haven't tried any yet but the workouts look pretty good.
  • Lana4639
    Lana4639 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, based on my experience losing weight/ improving my fitness level the best free resources I found were fitnessblender.com and Jillian Michaels dvds.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Find something heavy and pick it up in different ways - You can use 1 gal milk jugs, filled with water (or milk), Pick them up from the floor and put it over your head a bunch of times. Google goblet squat and do that with the milk jugs. you can curl them too. They will weigh about 8.5 lbs each x 2 = 17 lbs - use your imagination you can come up with something else. Those pull up bars that fit in a door frame are cheap. Eastcoast Jim