Weight loss and Implanon

Options
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone has ever lost any weight with Contraceptive Implant on. I excercise twice a week and I don't eat rubbish but my weight won't shift.

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    i found it the same as the hormone based pill, for some it makes fat harder to shift but you have to push a little harder unfortunately. it makes me gain like crazy so not necessarily a massive focus on the diet side, more the don't eat too much starchy carbs or high fat meats as these are worst for it. hope this helps x (ps i managed to loose 2 stone on it, but it took a year) z
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have it and I'm losing weight consistently.

Are you in a calorie deficit? Are you logging accurately?
  • zikajordan14
    zikajordan14 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @ARGriffy , Thanks for that Info, will try harder.Was thinking of taking it out next week and getting a copper coil instead. I get easily discouraged as I keep pushing and don't see positive results.
    @oh_happy_day I try my best to log in Accurately. I must say the Implanon is working well for you as it isn't for a lot of people
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've had other side effects from it but I've stuck with it because I have minimal other contraceptive choices due to medical issues. Those side effects have seriously sucked but I won't go into that here.

Hormonal birth control can increase hunger and bloating which can make weight loss harder but ultimately it comes down to being in a calorie deficit. I think it's easy to mistake correlation and causation with factors in relation to weight loss/gain.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I've been able to lose 80 lbs and have been maintaining for almost 2 and a half years with no issues while being on Implanon.

I am very mindful about what I eat, eat balanced meals and I am active/workout daily.

Make sure you are weighing your foods too.

Good luck!

• zikajordan14
    zikajordan14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @rainbow198 Wow. That's a good one. Will keep trying. Thanks a lot
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    No problem. :)
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You say you 'dont eat rubbish but your weight wont shift', do you stick to the calorie goal MFP has given you? :) It's very possible despite eating well you're still overeating. Unfortunately it is possible to have too much of a good thing, even if it's fruit and veggies, they can put you over your goal and cause you to not lose weight. If you're struggling to lose weight that may be the reason why?
    As for birth control, I dont have the implant but I am on the pill, which used to give me crazy mood swings and cravings. I used to eat like mad on my week break and would blame it all on the hormones. Since I've lost weight and have been eating better/being more mindful of my choices things seem to have balanced out a little more and I dont get as hungry. I find it a lot easier to distinguish between cravings and actual hunger now too, but maybe that's something that comes with practice :)

ETA Only skim read the other comments before this- just seen that you've said you log accurately so my first comment is a non-issue. Definitely agree with what oh_happy_day has said about hormonal bc increasing hunger etc though