Restarting Mom... Food is NOT a crutch! Who wants to join me?

So I lost about 50 pounds before... and gained it back. I eat food instead of dealing with my emotions. But hey I quit smoking... surely I can quit junk food too.

Baby steps first... no salt, reduced sure, smaller portions, no ketchup or dressings, and more water. I'm going to get a new Brita pitcher for my fridge (forgot my old one when I moved in July!).

The hardest part tho is dealing with those cravings. Quitting smoking was easy because I turned to vaping. It was the action of smoking that I enjoyed more than the smoke itself, the predictability of it. Food is a little harder plus I am a picky eater which always makes it more difficult. Anyways... anyone else in a similar boat and want to give each other encouragement?

I haven't even weighed myself again yet... :(

Replies

• Okie_Gal
    Okie_Gal Posts: 36 Member
    You can do this!
  • Chessie28804
    Chessie28804 Posts: 78 Member
    You can do this..you got it!
    I honestly only weigh myself now and then. I feel like I obsess about it if more often :(
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    I'll wait a bit to weigh myself until I start having some better habits... so far today I have succeeded in not adding salt to my food. Baby steps!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Congratulations on quitting smoking - this will be FANTASTIC for your health in the long-term and you'll feel so much better for it too. As for the food, it doesn't have to be hard. Eat WHATEVER YOU WANT (truly!) but log it and eat at a deficit. You don't have to cut out food groups - it's totally not necessary, just track every thing and enjoy the process! You can do this!
  • perkinsn8668
    perkinsn8668 Posts: 8 Member
    You remind me of myself. I'm picky too, and recently quit smoking for my upcoming sleeve. Any day now I should get my last pre op appt and finally a date. Gonna join a gym too. I'm 47 soon to be 48 and starting at the beginning.
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Yeah last time I pretty much ate what I wanted as long as it fit my macros. I have picked up vaping as a hobby to hopefully help combat those urges to eat. Exercising is tricky with two kids and limited budget but as long as I walk daily I will be content for the time being. lI just cannot give up even when I feel down... I know I have to make long term life changes
    Hard!!