Depressed and needing help please.

Options
Hi,my name is Leah,I've been in a funk for about 2 yrs now and its so hard to get out of. I had something bad happen to me 2 yrs ago,after a lot of praying I was able to get through it. Now I'm dealing with image issues.i used to weigh 180 and now I'm at 215. My weight has brought me so many insecurities plus health problems. I have bad back pain,knee pain and have hard times breathing. I'm feeding my emotions with food and at this point I'm so fed up with food. I need help. I need aaccountability. So please send me a friend request and i will do my best to help you out as well. Thanks

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you feel this way. You really should seek some professional help. There is no reason to suffer like this. Get a referral from your doctor for a good therapist. Stick with it.
  • sartajd
    sartajd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Leah, been there... It's a place you need to leave behind and not visit again.
    Dig into yourself.. Remember who you were and all the things that inspired you.. Feed those thoughts to yourself and take steps... Movement.. It's going to get you out of there. Anytime you feel you are slipping into the void.. Stop a minute and remember who you really are.. And believe it that nothing's going to stop you from becoming the person you wanted to always be.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you are going through this. :/ Yes, please get some professional help to work through what is bothering you.

Friend request on its way.
  • kailih06
    kailih06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Donna and I feel the rut your in. I was 70kgs after losing 55kgs than problems in life struck and within only 6 months I'm at 112kgs, I just downloaded my fitness pal again and going to get back to what makes me happy and that's to feel good on the inside which in turn will help me on the outside :) goodluck in your journey I hope you can find whatever you need to help you through, just remember there are always people out there that can help :) surround yourself with positive things and positive people. Xx
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello Leah :)

If I could give you a big hug, I certainly would be right now. Well done for reaching out, you'll get through these image issues (I promise) regardless of whether or not you lose the weight - but I do strongly suggest speaking to your doctor. There is no reason for you to try and battle everything out on your own. It's okay to ask for help and it's okay to have someone else hold you up every now and again. Once you lay all your issues out on the table to a professional, you can work through your history and then address the current image issues.

Once you are in a mentally healthier place, you can knuckle down and focus on losing your unwanted pounds - but for now, be sure to take care of your mind and go easy on yourself. MFP as a community will certainly support you along the way. Good luck.