Diet Supplement

Options
I wanted to know which diet supplement would be better, (for a girl), Xenadrine or Zantrex. And if Zantrex, which one?
Thank you.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    None.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Stay away from them.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    None of them. Seriously.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Neither
  • soccer2304
    soccer2304 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What would you recommend?
    Specifically looking to lose weight and good muscle recovery.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    None. Besides the fact that they don't work, you could be doing damage by taking these pills.

To lose weight, all that's needed is a calorie deficit.

IF THERE WAS REALLY A MAGIC PILL THAT WORKED, THEN WHY WOULD WE ALL BE HERE COUNTING CALORIES????????? There's no replacement for hard work. There's no easy way out.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. Eating less than you burn results in weight loss.

Weight loss supplements sold over the counter have dangerous side effects and are generally just high dose caffeine pills. They even specifically say on the bottle that it has to be combined with "diet & exercise". Some people experience a placebo effect.

Yes, I've tried several a weight loss supplements a few years back. They didn't make my rate of loss any faster and were just a waste of money. I actually lost at the same rate on them that I did without them.

A better investment would be a food scale. Maybe some protein powder if you have trouble getting enough protein in your diet. Maybe a fitness tracker if you want something to help you see how active you are and that can help motivate you to move more. Maybe a gym membership or some home workout stuff. All of these would be better use of money IMO than so called "weight loss" pills.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Neither. They don't work. Waste of money. Use this app for free and eat at a deficit.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    They're a waste of money. They don't teach you how to eat well within your calories so the second you get off of them you gain if you haven't altered your diet in sufficient manner. Which means you just rinse and repeat, which is unhealthy for you and your wallet. Log calories, be diligent, lose weight. You can do it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I used to take the original Xenadrine once upon a time (they've probably changed the formula 10 times since then to keep up with all the weight loss buzz words like "green coffee bean," "raspberry ketones," etc.). Over a decade later and I still found myself morbidly obese. The OTC "fat burner/appetite control" supplements are all the same. Some exotic plants (if you believe the label) and lots of caffeine packed into a magic pill that has, at best, a placebo effect at best, and can cause organ damage at worst. The only thing that EVER helped me lose weight in all these years was using MFP to educate myself about calories and stay at or around my calorie goal every day. I've lost 55 lbs since January. Give it a try.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you read up on supplements.

They are not regulated at all. The FDA has done tests on some of these supplements and they can contain drugs that have been pulled from the market by the FDA because of serious side effects. You can do serious damage to your body with these supplements. Even ones that are labeled "natural" contain other drugs.

If these supplements really worked, and losing weight was really just taking a pill, why are there still obese people?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. Eating less than you burn results in weight loss.

...A better investment would be a food scale. Maybe some protein powder if you have trouble getting enough protein in your diet. Maybe a fitness tracker if you want something to help you see how active you are and that can help motivate you to move more. Maybe a gym membership or some home workout stuff. All of these would be better use of money IMO than so called "weight loss" pills.

^ yes, better use of your money, especially a digital food scale.

• blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    None. Besides the fact that they don't work, you could be doing damage by taking these pills.

To lose weight, all that's needed is a calorie deficit.

IF THERE WAS REALLY A MAGIC PILL THAT WORKED, THEN WHY WOULD WE ALL BE HERE COUNTING CALORIES????????? There's no replacement for hard work. There's no easy way out.

^^^^THIS!!!!