Will this affect my weight?

Options
Ok so today i had a a good eating habit, as i have for a long time. I found out that the dinner i had at a restaurant was 1050 calories. it was ravoli with this creamy sauce, but i took off most of the sauce and there was just a plate of sauce i ate the 6 or so ravioli. I;m scared because I'm 183 over the maintained goal of weight for today. i don't want to gain weight I'm so upset. can this be worked off with exercise? the problem is that I'm working tomorrow and i might not have time.

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    It takes roughly 3500 calories to gain one pound of fat, so stop being so hard on yourself. :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Lighten up. It's 183 calories ... assuming the numbers are right.

What is your daily goal? What do you normally eat? How often do you eat at maintenance?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Any gain you see is going to be water weight from the excess sodium and it will come off within a few days.

183 calories over maintaining = 0.05xxxx lbs of fat
    However, if your eating at a deficit the rest of the week will balance it out without having to do anything insane. If your aiming to lose 1 lb for the week, then you might lose just 0.95 lbs. Seriously not a big deal. Don't stress over it. It's nothing to get upset about.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dont stress it. Its one day and you are barely over maintenance. If you want, eat a little less the next few days. And keep in mind that weight will fluctuate throughout your journey. Sometimes you lose, some you gain and some you maintain.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    The thing is that tomorrow isn't going to save or break you, regardless of if you work or not...start now...this moment....don't worry about today, or yesterday, or Christmas....just right now. When you wake up tomorrow, start again....As MommyL says above, don't be so hard on yourself. I'd suggest going through some of the posts on the boards related to success...read them, and see how others did it. I can promise you it didn't happen overnite. Little steps, over time...consistently...lead to success. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    It takes roughly 3500 calories to gain one pound of fat, so stop being so hard on yourself. :)

3500 over your calorie burn for the day. So ya....stop being so hard on yourself
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I go over a 100 calories quite a bit and still losing. Its nothing to worry about. Its nice sometimes to enjoy food.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You're fine - relax :)
  • lbrodnax83
    lbrodnax83 Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I went to a wedding yesterday and am up 1.4 pounds AND eating out again tonight... Don't worry! If you're that concerned, drink a little more water and that will help with the water retention! :)

(I totally understand the feeling though...I'm having to teach myself that sometimes it's okay to "gain" a little so you can enjoy life!)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Ok so today i had a a good eating habit, as i have for a long time. I found out that the dinner i had at a restaurant was 1050 calories. it was ravoli with this creamy sauce, but i took off most of the sauce and there was just a plate of sauce i ate the 6 or so ravioli. I;m scared because I'm 183 over the maintained goal of weight for today. i don't want to gain weight I'm so upset. can this be worked off with exercise? the problem is that I'm working tomorrow and i might not have time.

You're fine.