Options
2»

Replies

• HunieG36
    HunieG36 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Swimming is also good exercise!

I did a lot of swimming this summer... and my body always felt tight afterwards. It is a really good workout.
  • HunieG36
    HunieG36 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    I started running on treadmills due to higher than normal levels of mosquitoes this summer. I definitely don't run as far but I find doing intervals makes it bearable.

What's the time and speed on your intervals??
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Swimmers have great physiques. Dana Torres is a great example. 6uhoui4l8ycs.jpeg
  • lecoman
    lecoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Several years ago we put a TV/DVD player in front of the treadmill. Most mornings right now I do 3 miles while rewatching episodes of Fringe. This morning I did about 3.6 miles at 5.5 incline in 62 minutes watching Master and Commander. It has really helped me stay on.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Maybe mix it up with cardio? My go-to is the elliptical but for the past week I've been challenging myself to try some different kinds of cardio and I've found that I also really enjoy the stationary bike (except the butt numbness part that sets in around minute 20). Today I did 25 minutes on the bike, 12 minutes on the treadmill and then 5 minutes on one of those gazelle machines. The gazelle machine (not sure what its actual name is) is my nemesis. I'm only up to doing 5 minutes at a clip but 6 weeks ago I was sure I was going to die after two minutes so heck, I guess you have to start somewhere.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on an elliptical or treadmill in months. Bleh.