Videos while walking on treadmill?

Options
In a perfect world,
I would like to set my laptop on my treadmill and watch a video of something like walking through Italy or walking through the streets of China or India, etc.
Walking on the treadmill watching FOX news is getting boring. Election news is getting old (already).
Does anything like that exist?
FREE? It has to be free.
Where you can choose 20 or 30 minute walks.
Thought I would ask here. You never know.
Note: I don't have a smart phone.

Replies

• lecoman
    lecoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I've wondered the same thing. I have a TV in front of mine and watch movies and series. Working my way through Fringe right now. Grease and Mama Mia are great to watch while on the treadmill too.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yeah, i could see how Fox news is boring. B)

How about listening to audiobooks? I download them from Youtube using Peggo.com

To answer your question, search youtube for "virtual walk". There are lots. :+1:
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    @Cherimoose great ideas. I also know local libraries have free audiobooks that you can listen to. I have a smart phone so I don't know what the limitations are when you do not have a smart phone.

There are devices that will hook your laptop up to your treadmill. Dicks, walmart or sporting goods places have them. Never tried it though.

This is pricey but some treadmills come with these features already. You can set your walk in different landscapes.
  • fitrep1
    fitrep1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here is an idea, there are a few marathons I run in the Rock n Roll series all over and they often post a website that has the virtual run of the course. It may be a good starting point to look.
  • KnittingSoo
    KnittingSoo Posts: 42 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    bitgym http://www.bitgym.com/ is a great app that does exactly that. It uses your phone's camera to determine your page and you 'walk/run/cycle' along a trail at that pace. I love it. The free version limits how often you can use it (if I recall correctly - I've paid for unlimited usage.)

I hook my phone up to my large screen tv -- the videos look fantastic on it!