Activity tracker for strength/kick boxing

Options
Does anyone know which activity tracker or other device can accurately count calories burned while doing strength and conditioning and kickboxing rather then step activities?? Too many on the market so I'm a bit confused usually if I get s good sweat up and have to catch my breath I'm happy but just want to know what my body is actually burning and if I can push harder to get better results

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Inkd_babe wrote: »
    ... accurately count calories burned while doing strength and conditioning and kickboxing

None of them
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    From my understanding they are for steady state cardio ..i have a vivofit 2 that i bought in june and used until 2 weeks ago was pretty useless for my lifting and i alternate between circuit training and kickboxing ..in the beginning it was a helpful to help get up and move more..hope this helps.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know which activity tracker or other device can accurately count calories burned while doing strength and conditioning and kickboxing rather then step activities?? Too many on the market so I'm a bit confused usually if I get s good sweat up and have to catch my breath I'm happy but just want to know what my body is actually burning and if I can push harder to get better results

None of them will. If you can go harder, you will burn more ... you just won't be able to look at a device for an accurate number.
  • fitrep1
    fitrep1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to have a V02 max test done to figure out your calories. You can then have a base number to work from.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options

While it may or may not give you accurate calorie burn, you can still chart your heart rate compared to your maximum rate to see if you are pushing yourself hard enough. As long as HRM have been around and as far as technology has moved in the last year, they may be more accurate for other uses now. I'm using a polar V800, it has different profiles for activities, when I use it on strength training it doesn't give an outrageous calorie burn. It usually just shows how many calories I burn while doing it, but as far as over-all calorie count for the day, it doesn't include it because it isn't much more than my BMR. For kick boxing, you can follow your heart rate chart to see whether it was steady or up and down. Polar flow beat will tell you whether it was steady state, whether your work out was mild or intense. Just like any other instruments when used in the right way.

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Strength training no, but I used my HR belt with my vivofit to track kickboxing.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You know when you're pushing and when you're just going through the motions. If you're fit, but you're gasping for breath during rounds and wiped out after an hour like you just ran hard for an hour, your going to have a similar calorie burn as the same length of time running. I estimate about 100 cal per ten minutes of moderate to intense cardio for me.
  • Inkd_babe
    Inkd_babe Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Aaahhhhh ok I won't waste my money. Thanks guys :D