How much food is enough???

Options
2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 12-1400 I believe. I think I'm eating to much sweets

What they all said. You are not eating 1200-1400 cals and not losing, even if you think you are. You need to tighten up and make your logging more accurate. Then you will lose.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm just wanting to lose weight so bad. My diary is open for everyone to see now. I'm going to try very hard to eat my goal calories and not go over. I don't have a scale to measure my food exact but I do use a measuring cup. I think I need to cut back my sugars and pastas. I just need a list of healthy food to eat and how to prepare them so anyone please feel free to message me and add me to help me out. I'm very unhappy with my weight and look

No. You need a food scale.
  • arditarose
    Options
    And you need to log. There's literally barely anything logged in your diary this week. Log your food, weigh it on a food scale, give it a few weeks. There's no other advice we can give you until you actually try to count calories properly.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You didn't log Friday or Saturday. Not logging means you likely ate way more than you think.
    You only logged breakfast on Thursday. Again ^
    Only a few days logged in August.
    Lots of partial logging.
    ^These are the major problems I see.

Okay. You aren't logging consistently. Consistency is key. Purchase a food scale. Weigh all the food you eat at home (less dishes than measuring cups plus better accuracy). Log everyday for the next 4 weeks.

The reason your not losing is that you don't know how much your eating. It's not what you eat, but how much.
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    And you need to log. There's literally barely anything logged in your diary this week. Log your food, weigh it on a food scale, give it a few weeks. There's no other advice we can give you until you actually try to count calories properly.

Yes I've been very off track with my logging lately but I'll keep logging even if it's bad stuff
  • arditarose
    Options

Yes I've been very off track with my logging lately but I'll keep logging even if it's bad stuff

And another piece of advice...try not to think of food as good and bad. Last night I had french fries and a cheesy chicken sandwich (I went over my goal for the day but it's possible that meal could have fit into my deficit as well). I didn't think of the french fries as bad, in fact I tend to be low on fat so I was happy to have a little extra. Carbs? Great. I need them too. Protein? Fabulous. I felt great after that meal. Within a balanced diet, there are no good or bad foods. There are better choices sometimes, yes. But food is food.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets and chips almost every day, if they actually made me feel full its probably all i would eat. I have lost 33lbs. And pasta is actually a pretty low cslorie food for the portion you get.

You need to buy a scale. I ate a goviva chocolate truffle candy bar last night and a corn dog. And i lost 1.2lbs
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

Log it all :) There are no good or bad foods, just food. Sure, for health reasons, you don't want to eat ring dings for every meal but for weight loss, it wouldn't matter as long as you're staying at a deficit.
  • shadow2soul
    edited September 2015
    Options

I wouldn't say lately. I would say in general.

Looking at July.
    1 full days
    followed by 3 partials
    ending with 2 full days

4 full days at the beginning of August
    1 skipped day
    6 full days
    3 skipped days
    1 full day
    11 skipped days
    1 partial
    4 skipped days

In September, you didn't start logging until the 6th and even then it's a partial log.
    7th is also a partial and the 8th - 16th are skipped completely.

So far, you have never logged more than 6 days in a row and skipped lots. Looking it over, that's 15 (I think I counted right) days fully logged since July 25. 15 out of 56 days.

I'll say it again. It's not what your eating, but how much. Your obviously eating at least what you need to maintain your current weight. You don't know how much that is calorie wise, because you are not logging your food.

For the record: I eat chocolate, fast food, pizza, pasta, and other yummy foods. They aren't bad until your eating so much of them that you gain. Obviously there are better choices, but included in a balanced diet they are fine. I've lost a lot of weight while eating them and ya, my diet isn't as balanced as it should be (that's more of a health thing though). I have lost weight though with them in my diet.
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on this idea that you can't eat sweets or pastas.

Instead, focus on logging every single thing you eat, every single day. Log exactly. Weigh each portion.

The reason you aren't losing weight is because you are eating way too many calories. That's it.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    It's because I'm not losing any weight with anything I try. I'm eating healthy and exercising and nothing is helping I've been using this app for about 5months now. I really just want to see what others are doing to help them lose weight and keep it off.

I made my own post 3wks ago saying the very same thing. Just as everyone replied to me....i was eating right and exercising but I was overeating (not in a deficit) because I wasn't weighing my food properly. Once I bought a gram scale, I started losing weight.

Weighing your food and tracking calories the right way are key. Choice of foods and workouts is secondary.

Hey! I remember your thread. Glad to see you started losing again :)

Thank you! And thanks so much for beating me over the head about my tracking. It's made a big difference.
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Alright Well it's time to get back on track. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll be logging and my diary is open now so please message with any advice you can give.
    Going to start over starting today! It's a new day. Going to keep up with my logging and hope/ pray for good results!
  • arditarose
    Options

Alright Well it's time to get back on track. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll be logging and my diary is open now so please message with any advice you can give.
    Going to start over starting today! It's a new day. Going to keep up with my logging and hope/ pray for good results!

I was over and not very accurate yesterday, so I'm right there with you today. You're not alone!
  • shadow2soul
    Options

9055.gif

You might want to read over this thread:
    Logging Accurately Step by Step Guide
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm just wanting to lose weight so bad. My diary is open for everyone to see now. I'm going to try very hard to eat my goal calories and not go over. I don't have a scale to measure my food exact but I do use a measuring cup. I think I need to cut back my sugars and pastas. I just need a list of healthy food to eat and how to prepare them so anyone please feel free to message me and add me to help me out. I'm very unhappy with my weight and look

This wouldn't keep me full for an hour:

45fefd3fe2c350b0d20dd5ea7a993ed2.png

I need much more protein in relationship to carbs. How about some eggs and toast? I like a few ounces of veggies like onions, peppers, and swiss chard with my eggs. The bulk helps keep me fuller. If I have leftover chicken or steak, I'll throw in a little of that as well to up the protein. This keeps me full til lunch:

2318612744b492a80cafc3a33c485eab.png

If you want something quicker, prep "refrigerator oatmeal" the night before.