Personal Trainer

Options
Do you log calories you burn when you workout with a personal trainer. If so how ? I do strength training 3x a week with a personal trainer but I do not have a heart rate monitor so I am not sure how to factor that in to my exercise calories or if I even should ?

Replies

• livingfitwithlori
    livingfitwithlori Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but I think my HRM is the best investment I have made.

Some workouts with my trainer I burn 300+ and sometimes I burn 500+ in a half hour.
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't have a personal trainer, but I do a bootcamp 3x a week. Currently I log it as "circuit training" since I don't do a HRM either. I am curious to hear what others do.
  • dnytna
    dnytna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was told when I work out with my trainer at thirty minute sessions that it burns 500 calories. So, that is what I log. I hope that helps you? :)
  • samanthakatecallan
    Options
    I really don't know if I should or not because like today I am doing kickboxing (500 calorie burn) - I used to have a HRM so I use what I know I used to burn and then meeting my trainer. I have been more hungry since starting with my trainer and it has been leading to binges. We do a lot of strength and very little cardio so I really don't know how much I burn. So I don't know if today I should account for eating back kickboxing and the trainer or just kickboxing because I do both at night so I like to factor them in and spread them out throughout the day...Thanks for all the replies
    P.S. My HRM broke, but atleast I got to find out round about what I do burn for most activities