What's for breakfast??? Show your pics! Need some ideas!

Options
show your pics of what your having for breakfast. Give some others some good healthy ideas!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I had Brazilian Black Beans with fried eggs and sweet potatoes. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/brazilian-black-beans-20146
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
  • lukejones24
    lukejones24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have bacon with no fat fried in fry lite with beans and a poached egg. Really nice start to the day and not many calories!
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Last night we had a Costco rotisserie chicken for dinner so this morning I had the wings for breakfast. And coffee of course. Yesterday I had cottage cheese and grapes, one of my favorite combinations. No photos, sorry.
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I love all the recipes on this! Thanks
  • judytoronto58
    judytoronto58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My fave is unsweetened coconut yogurt (1/2 cup) with 2 oz. pumpkin seeds, a sliced banana, and 1 oz. of uncooked oatmeal (~1/2 cup), sprinkle on some cinnamon and it's a breakfast that keeps me going for hours. The uncooked oatmeal gives it a granola-like texture and taste. And even though it's unsweetened, plain coconut yogurt has a hint of natural sweetness. 386 calories. Sorry I don't have a pic, but it's pretty simple and for the banana you can use any kind of fruit.
    I've also made these Healthy Breakfast Bars, and they are sooooooo good and pretty filling:
    http://ahealthylifeforme.com/oatmeal-superfood-breakfast-bars/
    q6mspfrstc1f.jpg
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I love anything with eggs! Mostly because I find them very filling. If I have time poached eggs are great- especially on toast with some ham and maybe some sweet chilli sauce. If I need something I can grab on my way out the door I make up some 'egg muffins' beforehand- mix up egg, veggies, meat if you want (chopped ham or bacon), a splash of milk and some cheese, and bake them in a muffin tray. Once they're cooked they can be reheated and they still taste just as great! Another favourite is toast with peanut butter on- simple but good! I'm usually a big fan of anything that doesnt take to long haha.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Nav-Breakfast.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,118 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I only eat breakfast on weekends and then it varies between:

-- toast with nutella and honey
    -- hardboiled eggs and toast
    -- toast with cheese and cucumbers
    -- French toast (a low-cal recipe I've put together)
    -- Australian Wheatbix with almond milk

The only one I have photos of is the French Toast ... :grin:

17087783658_d118562843.jpg
  • wonderwallis
    wonderwallis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just made these last night...

http://www.kaylaitsines.com/blogs/news/44044739-zucchini-egg-breakfast-muffins.

Zucchini egg muffins, low calorie and super satisfying. I added chopped peppers, green onion, garlic and spinach.
  • schorti
    schorti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like a banana omelet....I know...it sounds horrid!.....but it tastes like pancake and is really delicious with berries. I mash a banana with two beaten eggs and pan fry in spray oil.
    Really filling!
    The strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are sharp enough to cut through the sweet omelet. Yum!!
    No photo sorry :-(
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I bought a breakfast sandwich maker (http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25490A-Breakfast-Sandwich/dp/B00N3L2DMG) and pretty much have a homemade Egg McMuffin every morning. Super filling, quick and delicious!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been trying to up my protein in the morning (I will be starving come 10 AM even after having breakfast) - so I've been making breakfast sandwiches. It's Jnnie-O Breakfast Sausage (the 2 oz portion is perfect for the sandwich), 3 scrambled egg whites, and a slice of Sargento ultra thin provolone cheest on a toasted Thomas' 100-Cal english muffin. I paired it with lowfat blueberry yogurt and the whole thing is 371 calories.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    This morning's choice:

3mHonEW.jpg?1
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sorry I finished it before I saw this lol but I had a sourdough english muffin with butter and (homemade) orange marmalade YUM!
  • stac928
    stac928 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    black bean burger patty, 2 oz (ish) of guacamole, one poached egg--mine ends up about 270 calories

no pictures
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries, almonds, raisins and agave nectar. Washed down with a hot cup of coffee.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs (1 whole, 2 whites) with a little kosher salt, slice of lite toast (I like to mash the egg onto the toast), 1/2 cup of raspberries - high protein and fiber!

Steel cut oats cooked with vanilla almond milk, stir in berries while it cools... or for a nice treat, top with sliced bananas, real maple syrup, and sliced almonds
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Some honey spice bread my sister made, topped with orange marmalade. And some cold brew coffee (Independence Coffee's JackHammer blend).