Hello, my name is Mike and I am addicted to MFP!

Options
mikeeats
mikeeats Posts: 23 Member
I have literally tried everything in my arsenal as far as aerobic and resistance training is concerned over the last 18 months and have not been able to drop any weight from my 245 pound plateau(down from 260) until three weeks ago when I discoved "myfitnesspal" and I'm addicted to it's methods and the simplistic measures of tracking what you eat. I must have been unconscious to eat what I used to eat and never felt as satisfied as I am today just three weeks into it. It has kept me honest about what goes in and what I put out and really appreciate that. Thank you MFP!

Replies

• CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,

congratulations on finding this website. It's a great place to go. Everyone that I've found are very encouraging and helpful. Good luck getting over your plateau and reaching your goals.
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    I am addicted too.. the week days I am on here all the time! Weekends not as much as I am busy with the kids. This site rocks!
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It provides just enough nagging to keep me on track. Being aware of what I'm doing is the key.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Mike! I feel the same way--I've been here on and off for three years, and when I'm off I gain weight back. So I'm here to stay!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I send you my condolences... from a fellow addict... who is wondering how I can log in when Im on vacation and dont have internet access. LOL
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Me too...I check in several times a day since day one for me APRIL 13th ...19 pounds gone...love the easy to use tools and phone app.

Yess I am also addicted ...in a good way!:laugh:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mike! It's a great deal here! Keeping close track of what we eat has never been easier. Cheers and good luck!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY ADDICTED........been on MFP for a little over 150 days and I LOVE IT....don't think i could do it without this website :smile:
    Congrats on getting over your plateau!!!
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • fmstew
    fmstew Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats for getting on track with MFP. I am also a fellow addict. I love keeping up with what I eat. My family doesn't love it, because when we are at restaurants, I am constantly looking up calories and they don't always like hearing how many calories their dinner has:) I am trying my best to keep them on track too!:happy:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Welcome, we fully support your addiction. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I just found this site about 1-2 weeks ago and im loving it!!!
    It has created so much motivation and it makes me feel, completly, as if i CAN actually lose weight. I have always had THE HARDEST TIME losing weight. I would be lucky to lose 2lb per month! But now that I am on MFP, i have lost about 2lb per week! Its amazing and I am so glad to be here! It all seems possible with MFP :D
  • nicole723
    nicole723 Posts: 8
    Options
    Aren't you amazed now that you now how many calories you could intake in a day?! Sometimes it disgusts me to think of how much I used to eat! Glad to have you on the site : )
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hiii, Mike!! lol

good luck meeting your weight-loss goals!
  • cbpirie
    cbpirie Posts: 15
    Options
    Me too! I have tried every diet known to man and I am doing great on this. I love that I get credit for working out. No other program has done that before. They would take away calories, I was hungry all the time because I work out and I waasn't fueling my body so it would stop burning and slow my metabolism. Now even if I gain a pound I knw it will come off eventually. I feel good and the on line support is great. It makes be accountable for what goes in my mouth. IF I BITE IT, I WRITE IT !!!!!
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Hi Mike,

Congrats on breaking your plateau! I am new here as well, and agree - the biggest surprise has been just how many calories were going into my mouth.

About the addiction part, well we are all in that together I think!

Jayme
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    I actually had the opposite problem! I am overweight, but i never realized (until being on MFP), that not eating ENOUGH could be keeping me overweight! It amazes me!
  • gcumpson
    gcumpson Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks Mike you made me smile! Enjoy this addiction its way better than any other! Best of luck
  • Falling2Grace
    Options
    What i love most about this is that it seems realistic for me to lose the weight. And i know i can do this the rest of my life (with eating/exercise). Its not like a fad diet where you lose tons in a short period (and miss out on everyday normal, heatlhy foods), and then gain it all back as soon as you stop. Not to mention...its FREE! Practically no other "diet" can say that! It is def. a lifestyle change. and it feels good!
  • jebfab2612
    jebfab2612 Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site. I'm here for support just friend me :)