We are all on the same page

Options
i took some time and went thru the posts on this forum. I saw something of me in every post. We all want to achieve our best healthy body. What a great group of ladies. I am 55 years old, 5'6" and weigh 156... Menopause is zapping my energy. I say ENOUGH!! I am going to loose 20 lbs, hopefully 2 lbs a week. I enjoy good food and I do like a buzz now and then...so...no...I'm not giving up alcohol...just want to not overindulgence and increase my activity levels. If you want a companion on your journey..let me know. We can climb that hill together!

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    i took some time and went thru the posts on this forum. I saw something of me in every post. We all want to achieve our best healthy body. What a great group of ladies. I am 55 years old, 5'6" and weigh 156... Menopause is zapping my energy. I say ENOUGH!! I am going to loose 20 lbs, hopefully 2 lbs a week. I enjoy good food and I do like a buzz now and then...so...no...I'm not giving up alcohol...just want to not overindulgence and increase my activity levels. If you want a companion on your journey..let me know. We can climb that hill together!

Sustaining the deficit to lose two pounds per week will be tough when you're that close to goal. If you're realistic in your goals, it will be much easier to succeed! Try starting at 1 pound, see how it goes, and adjust from there.
  • clskinner71
    clskinner71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently came back to Fitness Pal. I am 43 years old and went to the doctor in May because of an increase in weight, afternoon exhaustion, and a feeling like I had a "fuzzy brain" in the afternoons. Well... it appears that I am post menapausal. I am 5 foot tall and about 7 years ago I was 150 pounds. Through weight watchers I lost 40 pounds. I am now at 134 and not real happy. My delimma is that it appears it is almost impossible to loose weight in menapause. I am searching for a support group to help with this.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, 5'6" and 154 lbs. I have my goals set to .5lb per week and STILL I find it tough at times to adhere to my calorie goal. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a lower tolerance for hunger that makes it tougher to lose weight during menopause.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah...two pounds per week might not be a great idea.