Late night snaking HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Late night eating has always been horrible for me. But I am totally over it now. I just brush my teeth and rinse. Then I grab a few pieces of SF gum. Particularly, Orbit Bubblemint.
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would advise a late night milky drink, as milk is good for a good nights sleep and also has enough cals so that your body has a little something to process.

People have been doing it for decades, there must be something to it. I like Green and Blacks hot chocolate, and Horlicks.

By the time you have made and drunk it you will be ready to go to or back to bed.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I've noticed here recently that my weight loss has come to a slow down and I'm pretty sure it's bc all of a sudden I've been doing a lot of late night snacking. At first I was blaming it on TOM but that's been over for awhile.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to stop the need for late night snaking I would really like to hear it. I want to rekick start my weight loss again bc I am getting married in March and I still have a lot of weight to lose.

If I'm needing a snack I grab a sugar free jello and put some redi whip on it. It's about 20 calories and it gives me something to eat..or I try and think about weigh-in the next morning and how my number could be lower if I don't snack. It's hard. I do it because I'm bored!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I watch something inspirational on TV, like biggest loser, or Ruby. It helps me refocus on my goal.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i do the brushing teeth thing... it works for me!! for example, i was done with my calories last night and i brushed my teeth before heading to my boyfriend's house... he pulled out some chips that i otherwise would have joined in with but i didn't because of my clean teeth! i also make sure to fill up on water.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes GUM! I alwayssssss have chewing gum in my purse and at home ; )
    and also chocolate with low fat or non fat skim milk before relaxing for bed helps (I also work out late too, Chocolate milk is proven to rebuild muscle after workouts) Also once you have reached your calories and worked out you need to eat your deficit in calories back. This is how you train your body to burn the calories even after you are off your diet. This should help stop the late night snacking.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I always eat within the last hour before bed. I plan my calories for it. So far I am steadily losing weight. I think if you can find a light snack and just budget for it it would be fine. But drinking lots of water and keeping busy are also good ideas!