looking for freinds

Options
Trying to start over.. I have lost 100lbs here and fell off the wagon, gained 40lbs back and need support getting back on track!

My ultimate goal is completing an ironman.. Need to lose weight and start training.

Replies

• Chessie28804
    Chessie28804 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments and working towards Iron Man! That's an inspiration!
  • CantStopEating2
    Options
    Thanks! Just have to get out of this rut of mindless eating.
  • jfrye85
    jfrye85 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon. A real 26 mile run. I'm intimidated but want to accomplish this.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @CantStopEating, I want to applaud you for taking this step and the goal of completing an Iron Man race. You can achieve your weight loss goal while you train for Iron Man. Please don't take this the wrong way, but losing weight first before you train for Iron Man is kind of an oxymoron statement. Forgive me if I am read your statement wrong, but that's the impression I am getting. I think what you should be concern about is the amount of calories you need for consumption while you train towards Iron Man. I have seen really heavy set women and men do triathlon and finish. They may not be fast, but they finished. Iron Man is about training for endurance and speed. You can accomplish both as you train. Find a triathlon club in your area and join. You could learn a whole lot from the club you join. The choice is yours. You can do it! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • CantStopEating2
    Options
    @Lovelshie Oh I am absolutely already training. I did not mean to indicate I was attempting to lose weight first.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Amazing success so far - don't worry about gaining those 40, you've lost maintained a huge amount so be proud of yourself for that. You already know how to do this so with a bit of self belief and determination, you can lose your unwanted weight and keep it off. Wishing the very best of luck going forward!
  • TaraSkye80
    TaraSkye80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :)
  • CantStopEating2
    Options
    Anyone else just starting training for an ironman? Please add me!