No More Excuses

Options
ktx80
ktx80 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
My 3 year old pretends to drop her "babies" off at the YMCA now while she works out. Considering how long it took her to get used to the idea of child care at the Y while I worked out, that was one of my motivations for getting the ball rolling. The other is I've finally reached a point where I'm not happy to look at myself. My husband, who lifts a pinkie finger and easily maintains an athletic build has one desire - ok, two. One is for me to be my healthiest self, no matter what weight I am, as long as I'm active and trying to eat well, and two, to be able to pick me up! :) I'm out of excuses, but not so overweight that I can't turn this thing around on my own without serious intervention. It is now or never.

I've been on the heavier side for as long as I can remember, going from pleasantly curvy to round. And aesthetics aside, I am too knowledgeable about health and nutrition to keep living the way that I am and failing at changing my lifestyle. It's not just about diet for me. It has been in the past - dieting and wanting a certain "look". It's about health now. I'm tired. And I can't fit my clothes. And my skin isn't glowing anymore. And my digestion is sluggish. And half the time I'm dehydrated. And I watch too many people that I care for care sacrifice limbs and living for unhealthy lifestyles. So I have to make a change for myself, be an example for my daughter, be a superstar for my husband and prove to myself that I can do this.

Replies

• Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You got this. Good for you for making yourself a priority.
  • myusernameisMarie
    Options
    It's not magic. It's science. You are in control as long as you are will to steer. Friend me!
  • kids2thcleaner
    kids2thcleaner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I admire you! It takes courage to do this, and you have taken the first step toward the goal. I love having the ability to communicate with others who are trying to get healthy! It is the same for me, I want to feel good and have my clothing fit better! Not to feel bad about myself in certain situations... We got this!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this - believe in yourself and dig deep to find that willpower of steel.
    Wishing you the best of luck.
  • TaraSkye80
    TaraSkye80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, I could have written your intro. I resonate with where you're at. I'm in tears, because I relate so much to all you posted. I'm here if you'd like a friend. I know you can do this! :)