Easy ways to increase my fibre??!!

Options
kmoyes9
kmoyes9 Posts: 13 Member
New and not sure where to place this post but having problems meeting my fibre requirement - would appreciate any tips !! Thanks

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I use a variety of beans, lentils and nuts usually to fill up on fiber, plus they usually have a good deal of protein too. Other than that, lots of fruits and veggies, the 1-2 grams per serving add up over the day :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    well obviously fruits and vegs in general :) but otherwise, nuts are great, so are seeds (a bit of chia seeds and pine nuts when you cook vegs for instance), whole-wheat bread, kidney beans, quinoa and lentils, avocados!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you do the 5 fruit or veg a day then you will mostly get there. Fibre is important and is mostly found in unprocessed foods.
    http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1141.aspx?categoryid=51
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was drinking a smoothie once a day with berries. They are high in fiber and you get a lot in a smoothie. Good luck!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I use vitafusion gummies
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Swap your white flour food items for whole wheat or multi-grain ( breads, muffins, pasta, etc ).
    Leave on/eat the skin from your potatoes.
    Brown rice.
    Popcorn.
    Oatmeal.

You also have supplement options ( psyllium husk, etc ), if you wish to go that route. Check your local drug store/pharmacy isle.
  • missbighouse
    missbighouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Metamucil!!