30 Day Shred too easy?

ydyms
ydyms Posts: 266 Member
edited September 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm a former runner who still squeezes in a run when I have a few minutes lol. Is 30 Day Shred going to be too easy for me if I feel the need to do simply something? I don't want to order it and waste my money...
Any suggestions for a short intense program?

Replies

• BeMoreMungo
    BeMoreMungo Posts: 1 Member
    You might find it too easy. The best way is to try it and see. You can find it for free on YouTube.
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    I wouldn't say easy. Boring maybe - quite repetitive
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Try it for free on YouTube.
    Like every workout what you put in is what you get out.
    If its "too easy" you can go deeper into the movements or try heavy weights. Its a great system in that you can go as "beginner" or as "advanced" into the movements as your able.
    It is repetitive and a bit mind numbing but I have to say I find it very effective physically and I also run / do advanced level spinning class.
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Thanks for the YouTube suggestion! I will try that and see :)
  • Weightever
    Weightever Posts: 13 Member
    I don't think you'll find it too easy, especially as it's not just cardio and as GillianLF wrote you can also use heavier weights. I think a lot of people that consider themselves to be in good shape are surprised by this workout. Jillian has another similar DVD called "Ripped in 30" which you could try should you find 30DS too easy.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    You might find it too easy. The best way is to try it and see. You can find it for free on YouTube.

This^

30 DS has quite a bit of high impact cardio......you might find it like running. Or, maybe you're looking for something else (more strength training focus?)......

There are tons of reviews, video clips, and information here: http://www.collagevideo.com/

and here: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Default.asp
  • seric2000
    seric2000 Posts: 14 Member
    I do a lot of JM's videos and I just up the intensity with heavier weights. You can also simply add weights to the circuits that she does without them. I just progress to heavier weights which increases the difficulty and keeps me from finding it too easy.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Honestly, I find 30 Day Shred to be a pretty tough workout but didn't find Ripped in 30, which is supposed to be harder, that much challenging. So to each their own!
  • vball1121
    vball1121 Posts: 36 Member
    I've run marathons and think 30 day shred is challenging. I even do T25 which is supposed to be short and easy and find it tough, mostly just because these short burst energy work outs are a change of pace and different. I usually throw them into a training day when I don't have a lot of time. I'm training for Dopey Challenge in Disney in January and do them on days I just don't have time to train.