New moms

Options
So I have 2 babies (21 months and 9 months). My question is is there any way to get rid of the stretch marks? I gained about 45 lbs with my second pregnancy and lost all but 10lbs by the time I started this weight loss so I have lost 84lbs in the last 9 months. I would love to get to my goal weight and fit in a bikini, but my stretch marks are horrendous! If I continue to lose weight will they ever become less noticeable?

Replies

• tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me in my experience loosing weight can reduce but also point out stretch marks :( I tan it hides the visibility alittle bit.

Would be interested to see if anyone has any other thoughts. :)
  • poppyloganriley
    poppyloganriley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes, tanning it hides it more. Supposedly the mederma for stretchmarks helps a bit too, but of course isn't an eraser. I haven't used it personally, would also love to see everyone else's answers.
  • Bocciulo
    Bocciulo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used Palmers Stretch Mark Formula after I had my 1st daughter 7yrs ago and it faded them drastically. I just had our 2nd 7wks ago and I used it the whole time and I didn't get anymore stretch marks. They are still faded. Palmers is way cheaper then Mederma.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 month old and I also have pretty horrible stretch marks, all of which I got in the last month of my pregnancy!!! I have heard of the maderma, I believe it is the one at Wal-Mart and Target for like $40 bucks which is expensive for me so I have not been able to buy any yet. I was also told about using Vitamin E oil, which despite the name oil is very thick and sticky like a syrup. It is suppose to help your skin repair...
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there's not :(. I know they can lighten up a lot, but they are scars for sure. I had twins a year ago and my stretch marks go up and down and across my belly! I try to look at them like a road map for my pregnancy journey....and the beautiful rewards I got for it. I know it's cliche' , sorry. <3