Smoothie idea's?

Options
Got me a nutrabullet yippppy however am finding I'm just added what ever in to it and not actually knowing if its helping at all or not. Any tips or idea's as I have 10kgs to drop to be healthy again

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Drinking smoothies will only be helping your weight loss if you're eating at a calorie deficit overall.

There's no harm in throwing whatever you fancy into your blender but be sure to log everything as you would other food as the calories can add up.

If you're using smoothies as meal replacements then try to ensure you've included a fat source (e.g. nuts, seeds, oils, avocado), a protein source (e.g. milk, yoghurt, protein powder) and then whatever fruits/veggies you like.

The Nutribullet website has plenty of recipes if you're looking for inspiration: https://www.nutribullet.com/recipes.html
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are fantastic. Like KarenJanine mentioned - they will only assist if your weight loss if you make sure to fit them into your calorie intake for the day. I started drinking smoothies for breakfast last year and immediately noticed a change to my energy level, mood, bathroom habits and more! They really are wonderful. You will enjoy it!

I will share one of my favorite recipes with you for a breakfast smoothie that is filling. Strawberry/Banana/Oatmeal Smoothie:

-1/2 cup rolled oats
    -1 banana
    -1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
    -1/4 cup vanilla yogurt of your choice (I use Iogo)
    -1/2 cup skim milk
    -splash of vanilla extract

It can make one monster smoothie or two regular sized ones. If you want a smaller portion, use half the berries and half a banana. I blend the oats first so they become a powder, then add the other ingredients. Log your ingredients to find out your calories but the way I make it, it's around 250-300 calories for a 10 ounce filling smoothie in the morning.

You can find a plethora of recipe ideas just from a simple google search. Good luck!
  • Ataahua444
    Ataahua444 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thaaaaaanks