Back Again ;)

In 2012, I had a bad fall, herniation four discs in my cervical spine (two are crushing my spinal cord); unfortunately, due to an inept Healthcare provider, ("there's nothing wrong with you, you're just acting like an hysterical woman") I went six months without this crucial diagnosis. In January following the fall, I decided to start counting my calories - attempting to stay at our below 1200/day. I did extremely well with this (even without the ability to exercise), even balancing my intake to be able to have little treats here and there - by June 1, I had lost 50 pounds! On June 20, I had surgery to remove the discs that were crushing my spine; there were complications, leaving me with a messed up eye and continued pain, which all led to depression and the inevitable weight gain :/ . But, I'm back on the wagon, giving this my all, in hopes of losing around 100 pounds. I've lost about 7 pounds in the last couple weeks so I'm hoping that will be sufficient incentive (along worth some encouragement, hard truths and constructive criticism from you guys) to get rid of this weight for good. I'm 44 years old and from here on it'll just get harder, adding complication after complication so I've got to make this work!

Highest weight 275 (many years ago)
Starting weight 252
Current weight 245
First goal Just to make it under 200 (last go round I actually made it down to 212 so I was SO CLOSE! )

Replies

• lizrd65
    lizrd65 Posts: 17 Member
    Good luck! Add me if you want/need support. I been doing MFP for a while now.
  • ADKdreams
    ADKdreams Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks! Looking forward to getting back into the swing again. Request sent
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Dang you have been through the ringer. You can do this...Welcome back! I started MFP I think this spring? I will happy to help, Feel free to add me.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You've overcome so much physically and mentally - I have no doubt in my mind you can succeed here.
    Best of luck :)