Chocolate

Options
What is the information on healthy Chocolate ?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What kind of information are you looking for?

Many of us find room in our calorie and nutrition goals for a serving or two of chocolate. Some people opt for dark chocolate. Some choose lower calorie chocolates like fudge pops, sugar free pudding cups, etc.

A lot of it is just personal preference and what fits best in your goals. Is there something more specific you wanted to ask about?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Can you...elaborate? I find all chocolate healthy enough. What information are you looking for?
  • sabrinarsweet
    sabrinarsweet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate
  • Kimbot88
    Kimbot88 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine sells Healthy Chocolate (Xocai). She swears by it. But it's pretty expensive.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I eat milk chocolate as a treat. If all my nutrients have already been met for the day, a chocolate bar as a treat is just fine. Look on the package for the nutrition breakdown , each will be different.
  • sabrinarsweet
    Options
    I learned that dark was healthier from my nurse that comes into my school
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Any chocolate is fine to eat within a balanced dietary intake.

I prefer white chocolate, so I eat mostly white chocolate. I'm yet to grow two heads or suffer any adverse effects from not eating jaw clenching 99% dark chocolate.

I'd be worrying if you are relying on the miniscule advantage that 'dark chocolate' has to balance out your dietary intake, or be 'healthy'.

Eat what you prefer, within the realms of the calorie and macronutritional goals you set.
  • marina_27_10_
    marina_27_10_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me I love chocolate so I need to have chocolate every days in differents ways but it's healthy and give you energy
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    My cat once heard a rumor that if his human doesn't eat chocolate every day he could get sick. I don't take things my cat tells me lightly, so I'm not taking any chances. Chocolate every day for me. :)
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    dlgiddens wrote: »
    What is the information on healthy Chocolate ?

If it doesn't contain lead, mercury, arsenic, cobalt, botulin, ricin, etc. you're good.
  • LoveRedberries
    LoveRedberries Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also understand that Dark chocolate is best . I'm a chocolate lover and one of my goals include kicking the habbit :) so any day with chocolate is good for me.
  • sabrinarsweet
    Options
    Good I'm glad that you like dark chocolate