Getting closer to goal, progress since beginning of march 2015

Options
So, I am blown away when I look at the threads here, you guys are doing so great. And I decided I wanted to jump in the pool and share some of my journey. Although, now I wish I would have taken more pics along the way, but honestly when I started this I hated the way I looked and didn't really feel like posing for a lot of pictures, and would have a mini panic attack anytime I got a facebook notification that someone has added a picture of me. I would think, ohh no, how bad do I look this time and how many people saw it before I could untag myself.

Anyway, so this is a good indication of where I started out. Its not taken at the exact time I started this phase of my life, but I had been hovering right at around 300 pounds for around 2-3 years. I am 6'6" by the way for those wondering, if anyone was.

Big_Ben.jpg

It kind of pains me to even look at it, how big I was, how out of control I had let myself be.

So that brings us to today, as I sit here I am down 74 pounds to 226 and I took this pic this last week when I was traveling for work

IMG_2062.jpg

And this one

IMG_2045.jpg

I am not yet to my goal. But I am so happy I have done this. Its a huge life upgrade. I went from not being able to run for 90 seconds (when I first started couch to 5k) to now completing 5k in under 25 minutes... I know there are a lot of people faster than me but I can't even believe I typed that last sentence, and on saturday I got a personal best for a mile @ a 7:20 pace.

Maybe this helps someone, maybe it doesn't. It feels good though to put all of this down somewhere and share it.

I am so grateful for MFP and the great people I have met on here who continue to inspire me

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!