I knew I was out of shape when.....

Options
I was trying on shoes Saturday afternoon and somehow pulled a muscle in my back! Seriously , who pulls a muscle trying on shoes??? Ironically I was going to sign up for the gym yesterday (Sunday), but could barely move! So today after work I am heading straight to the gym for a membership. You know you're out of shape when you pull a muscle trying on shoes.

At least I got some really cute shoes! LOL

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I tore my calf muscle running to answer the telephone! LOL I hope you heal quickly!

(although... it wasn't because I was out of shape, really - just a weird step) But still... I felt silly for hurting myself so badly in such a mundane manner.
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My arms were stuck at right angles from my desk job and my couch potato lifestyle! Anytime I extended them all the way pain shot down them! That was pathetic! :)
  • saj96003
    saj96003 Posts: 19
    Options
    Actually, if you have a previous back injury it is very easy to re-injure yourself doing the simplest things. I have hurt my back reaching for my toothbrush in the medicine cabinet and putting something in the deep grocery carts at Costco. Try not to be too hard on yourself and take it slow at the gym while your back heals. Yay, for new shoes, though!!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I sprained and broke both ankles stepping out my front door...
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I could not play on the jungle gym with my son. It was a great motivator. We went to the park last weekend and I climbed the rock wall. :-D
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I accidently rolled over on my back, while sleeping, and almost suffocated when I covered up my blowhole....Free Willy !!! :tongue:
  • widmar
    widmar Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts. It's amazing that we can injure ourselves in so many weird ways. :)
    Hope you all recover, or have recovered well.
    I will have to take it really slow in the beginning so I don't worsen by injury.
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    When I actually got worn out from doing the simplest chores around the house... That's really sad! Haha. :laugh:
  • cynraz
    cynraz Posts: 11
    Options
    Started waking up to numbed arms/hands, my husband said it was probably position in which I slept (too much weight on my arm from sleeping on my side) I couldn't believe it of course, but then I tried the following night to sleep on the other side and it happened again.... so yes, realized I'm too heavy to sleep on my side!!!! agh!

When my daughter told me a few wks ago to run after her and I felt weird running it's like my feet were not helping me move much, it was so slow and got too tired running (at least trying to run) 1/2 a block!!! what in the world.....!

I realized then I'm too heavy, 4 weekends ago my sister recommended this site to me, she had a little to loose and had helped her to keep track so I started, : ) Now I'm 9 lbs lighter and 4 inches lost from my body, I hope I can keep going..... have a long journey ahead of me... would like to loose 100lbs!!! I hope someday it happens....
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    I once pulled a butt mucle Wii Bowling...
  • coleyco30
    coleyco30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at work, I was taking the stairs to the third floor. I made it to the 2nd floor and was out of breath so I took the elevator from floor 2 to 3...

Also, I noticed I can't reach comfortably to paint my toes when I'm sitting on the couch. Good thing I'm joining that gym today!