lbs = size? (over 300 lbs!)

Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
For those of you over 300 lbs, how much weight did you lose before you dropped your first pants size? :happy:

Replies

• makeachange22
    Options
    i dont think it really matters how much you weigh, its different for everyone and depending on how they lost i was 230 lbs when i started took me 20lbs to get from size 18 to a 16. its different for everyone ! just keep going :D
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I started at 331 pounds and I was not able to drop a pant size until I lost 30 pounds, but I was noticing small changes after about 10 -15. It takes a lot of hard work and major determination but after having lost over 70 pounds, I must say that it is SOOOOOO worth it! You can do it! Good luck on your journey!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I started out at 315 and it took me a good 30+ pounds before I dropped a size. But the more I lose the quicker I lose sizes now so no matter what just keep going and know you will start losing those sizes soon!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your body type - I have lost a little over 60 lbs and have gone down 3 pants sizes. WOO HOO!!!
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree with Makeachange...It will be different for everyone. Get active, eat right, set your goals and stick with them and I think that you will be surprised how quickly you will see results.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree with Makeachange...It will be different for everyone. Get active, eat right, set your goals and stick with them and I think that you will be surprised how quickly you will see results.
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I started at 305 I was wearing a tight 26, I now wear a comfortable 20 (weight 250 lbs). I reduced pant sizes every 15 lbs or so.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I started at 313 Size 24 mostly, some Size 26.

Went down to 22 after about 30lbs too :D

I totally agree that it is worth it! Slow & steady will win the race!

Edit: Now I'm wearing size 18 and it feels fantastic!!!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    actually this is going to sound ridiculous and it is really....i have lost 50 lbs and my pant size really hasnt gone down. it sort of has but not really. i am losing weight everywhere except my dang tummy! its driving me insane!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35lbs and can still fit into some of the clothes I started in, just recently I've been able to fit into a smaller size and had to retire some larger pants.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I started at 260, I'm now 240, down 20 pounds and still in the same size pants. Everyone loses weight differently. I think the less weight you have to lose, the quicker you drop pants sizes though.
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    although i've only lost 21 pounds, I still don't think i'm ready to progress a size down...some of my clothes still fit not tight but "just right" with a little looseness...so i'm thinking maybe another 10 or 15 pounds maybe i'll be able to officially move to a different size...I have big hips though so even though my clothes are loose in the waist, my hips are still giving me trouble lol..
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was close to 300 lbs when I started. I took about 30 lbs before I went down a size but I also think that I was 'squeezing' into the size I was wearing & would have been more comfortable in a bigger size.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It took me like 30 lbs to drop a pant size (was 254 size 18. Now in a 14) :happy:
    Then I dropped another one after like 10 more pounds. It didnt happen as soon as I thought :(
    But now I have to buy pants every other month it seems!!!
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't remember how long it was until I dropped a size, but I have found that it took a lot longer to get out of my first size and other larger sizes. The smaller the sizes get, the quicker I drop out of them. Example: Let's say it took me 2 months to get out of a 16. Now it only took me like a month to drop from a 10 to a 6/8.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't remember how long it was until I dropped a size, but I have found that it took a lot longer to get out of my first size and other larger sizes. The smaller the sizes get, the quicker I drop out of them. Example: Let's say it took me 2 months to get out of a 16. Now it only took me like a month to drop from a 10 to a 6/8.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    wow, it really IS different for everyone... Thanks for everyone's responses! I was just wondering...I have every intention of staying on this road, and doing it the right way. 8 lbs in 3 weeks... I'm soooooooooo not stopping, lol.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    although i've only lost 21 pounds, I still don't think i'm ready to progress a size down...some of my clothes still fit not tight but "just right" with a little looseness...so i'm thinking maybe another 10 or 15 pounds maybe i'll be able to officially move to a different size...I have big hips though so even though my clothes are loose in the waist, my hips are still giving me trouble lol..

I can totally relate ... I need to unload some of this junk in the trunk ... not all of it because I like a little junk, but I have become a hoarder. LOL
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    It took me 40 lbs for me to go a size down.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    actually this is going to sound ridiculous and it is really....i have lost 50 lbs and my pant size really hasnt gone down. it sort of has but not really. i am losing weight everywhere except my dang tummy! its driving me insane!

I have a pair of pants I was able to wear when I weighed anywhere from 325-377. It just fits different but stays on at the lower weight and doesn't look like I'm ripping out at the higher weight. I'm sorta stuck between sizes right now. I have lost just over 30 and I think it's going to take another 20-30 to fit into the next size down. But my shirts are HUGE on me.