My Recovery from anorexia

Options
Last year I was eating 500 calories or less a day, I was severely depressed and was on the verge of hospitalization. Now I am eating to hunger, curvy and happy with myself and my life. My recovery was hard and I wanted to go back so bad sometimes, but I held in eating 2,000-3,000 calories a day and resting my body. I gained around 20 pounds from my lowest to now and I don't regret a single pound. I used to be scared of drinking diet soda for fear of calories and I
Didn't take my vitamins or chew gum
Now I can eat brownies and pizza with 0 guilt. I'm healthy and happy, and you should be too. I am so thankful I have made it to this point in my life and that I wasn't one of the 80% of anorexia sufferers to dies from related causes. This is just a reminder to anyone on here dieting just a little too hard. Eat that food, it really doesn't hurt you.

Replies

• MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    What an amazing turn around, well done. Keep up the great work and the fantastic attitude.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done indeed! :-)
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear- well done!
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great work! Love reading this.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You are a very smart and brave person! Congratulations!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being so brave and strong to defeat this awful illness.

You have shown so much courage posting on here and I am so glad to read that you are well and healthy.

Continued success and best wishes to you. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!