Going downhill - upset

Options
2»

Replies

• TrystanCamp
    TrystanCamp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I absolutely understand what you're saying. I do this sometimes too. I do not need counseling. I found out that I have reactive hypoglycemia. My body craves sugar and carbs if I don't eat enough good carbs through the day and eat all protein. Then at night I'm craving carbs and sugary stuff that I am not supposed to have. You may not have hypoglycemia. But by depriving yourself of good sugars and carbs in moderation throughout the day your body will want that later in the day. Try using sugar free drink mixed in water. They taste good/sweet and gives you flavor and its water so it's good for you. I do think you are at a good weight. I am 5'5" as well and am about 123. I'm trying to get to 119/120. I used to be 115 forever. But I've gained muscle. If you are lifting remember you will gain weight with muscle.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What does your therapist say?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I absolutely understand what you're saying. I do this sometimes too. I do not need counseling. I found out that I have reactive hypoglycemia. My body craves sugar and carbs if I don't eat enough good carbs through the day and eat all protein. Then at night I'm craving carbs and sugary stuff that I am not supposed to have. You may not have hypoglycemia. But by depriving yourself of good sugars and carbs in moderation throughout the day your body will want that later in the day. Try using sugar free drink mixed in water. They taste good/sweet and gives you flavor and its water so it's good for you. I do think you are at a good weight. I am 5'5" as well and am about 123. I'm trying to get to 119/120. I used to be 115 forever. But I've gained muscle. If you are lifting remember you will gain weight with muscle.

Take a few minutes, do a search, and read her other threads. This one she mentions binges ... in others she says " I fixate on my appearance and think that if I become thin enough, I Wil finally lose some facial fat. Until then, I just want a stick thin but somewhat lean and strong body" ... "I am just so focused on being slimmer"

The parts in bold are the red flags that have so many people telling her to seek help.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You're at the low end of "thin". You keep posting "help" threads.

Get some. Before this gets worse. You're THIN.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    What scares me is that a nurse is writing this (among the other posts op has).
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I apologize for all of the repetitive posts. This has been a rough time for me and all of the support, advice, motivation to finally seek support, has all dawned on me and I made the call today. I apologize for flooding the forum with these kind of concerns, but nonetheless all of the input and feedback has meant the world.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »
    I apologize for all of the repetitive posts. This has been a rough time for me and all of the support, advice, motivation to finally seek support, has all dawned on me and I made the call today. I apologize for flooding the forum with these kind of concerns, but nonetheless all of the input and feedback has meant the world.

I am so glad that you've made the call to get some help. Best of luck in your journey :flowerforyou:
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

You've made an important step in the right direction. Feel good about that.

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Don't be sorry. You've taken a huge and important step.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

That was very brave of you, OP. Wishing you luck!
  • lintilla42
    lintilla42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Congratulations. You are making the right choice for your health. <3
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wishing you well, OP. You took a brave first step today!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Huge step congrats.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why this was flagged - and I'm probably a little late in the game here, but thankyou for your honest post and well done for reaching out. You did the right thing by upping your calories to a healthier amount but I don't think your issue here is with calories, more with your food relationship in general. You are so hard on yourself, OP - and that saddens me. I'm genuinely glad you made that call for help, you really did the right thing and I really hope you learn to love yourself regardless of weight. Wishing you the very best of luck.