30 Day Shred 2x's a Day?

duitsmana
duitsmana Posts: 17
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I've done 30 day shred off and on for the last couple weeks.... and I'm not much of a weight lifter at the gym so this DVD is great for me in the strength training part (which I need more of).... BUT I have a planned beach day in 3 weeks :o, and was wondering what y'all thought about upping my 30 Day Shred to 2x's a day to get faster results? and yes, I would do it consistently, along with my cardio. I was thinking one time in the morning and then one time after work? Do you think I would benefit? Not benefit? Anyone ever tried it before? Do 2 different phases? Just need some opinions!! Thanks!

Replies

• MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 801 Member
    bump
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    bump
  • crazyears
    crazyears Posts: 50
    I would just be careful. You don't want to push yourself too far and end up getting injured. Doing it once a day with increased cardio may be a better way to go.
    Good Luck!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    i have done 2 levels in one day before, but not consistently because it is a lot of work..,i would recommend doing a harder level before the easier level (so level 3 in the AM and level 1 or 2 in the PM) or if you do them back to back do 3 then 2 or 1...good luck :)
  • ducky1031
    ducky1031 Posts: 3
    I was thinking of doing the same thing ...I have a wedding in 1 month and i want to tone up my arms before then. If not that, I was thinking of doing 30 day shred + tracy anderson mat workout. In my opinion, Tracy is a horrible instructor but her workouts are great and you see results within a month ( i am just trying to see more).

I am new to this site, how do you log in the 30 day shred workout for the calories burned?
  • I agree with crazyears, remember that the recovery phase is from 24 to 48 hours after a good workout in which you burn a lot of calories as you body rushes to re-build from your last workout. I have done strength training for over 30 years and the best advice is not to over-train. Try something different like a good 20 min Yoga or Pilates routine to change it up a bit....helps with toning and flexibility and you can make it as intense or as easy as you want.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    I do all 3 levels in a row a few times a week. If you've got the time and you like the workouts, why not?
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    If you feel capable of doing it, go for it. I actually do the 30ds, and then the 6wk 6pack workout. Has not been a problem so far, and I'm very out of shape.
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    I don't see a problem with this since it only takes 20-25 minutes to complete. Any mixed weights\cardio class you could take would be an hour long so why not make Shred an hour long.
  • duitsmana
    duitsmana Posts: 17
    Thanks for all the input!! I'm starting it tomorrow--- going to do harder in the morning and easier after work plus my cardio!! picture is going to be taken tonight-- hopefully see some progress!!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    I actually did the 30 day shred this way. I do 2 levels in one go: started with doing level 1 only first 5 days and then started level 1 and level 2 in one go and so on. But I do shred only every other day. Other days I just do cardio.
This discussion has been closed.