Running frequency; 3x/week?

Options
I've just recently started c25k and I really like it. I'm supposed to run 3x a week. I was wondering if that meant every other day, or if it meant literally 3x as in Monday, Wednesday, Friday? Idk this is a dumb question but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Replies

• MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I was doing the c25k program, I was typically doing M, W, F and then take long walks or hikes on the other days. It all depends on how you feel after you finish. Good luck!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I did it 3x a week so running 3 days not running 4 days. I think that's good for a beginner.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    3 times a week. whatever days work for you.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Since it is intended for beginners, I would recommend MWF. I did it like this when I began because I had no experience running and it allowed for rest and recovery. My shins would hurt the next day and then be ready for more the day after, so it really is a good idea to stick to the schedule as it says.
    Good luck!
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think the important thing is to make sure you have a rest day between your running days

you could run Sunday Tuesday Thursday if you wanted or even Sunday Wednesday Saturday if that worked for you, just make sure you don't try and do 2 days in a row