Wanting to loose weight but my muscle keeps tippin the scale

Options
Hello, I have lost 23 pounds and want to loose another 37. I am very active and have a lot of body muscle. It seems if I exercise my jiggle goes away but the scale goes up , I can see my muscles bulge. I want to weight less but the more I exercise the heavier I get. Any thoughts?!

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Highly doubt this.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I will take muscle and no jiggle any day, even if the scale goes up 1000 pounds.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    So...you're saying that you are gaining weight? Is it just a fluctuation or are you consistently gaining on a weekly basis? You need to be in a calorie deficit if you want to lose.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Do you want to weigh less for insurance reason??? Because gaining muscle mass isn't a bad thing. In fact, you look leaner when you have muscles.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    If your eating at a deficit, its unlikely your building that much muscle.
    Something isn't right with this story at all.
    Are you eating at a surplus or deficit ?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm going out on a limb, but I'm pretty sure your experiencing water retention. New exercise or increased intensity in a workout routine will result in your muscles holding onto water for repairs. This causes a temporary increase or stall on the scale. It's normal and happens to everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other side of the coin, is that your actually eating in a surplus and that is causing your gain. However, in this case you would gain regardless of whether you exercise or not.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    wut
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Maybe some more details would help.

What's your calorie intake? Current weight and height? Are you experiencing fluctuations or are you consistently gaining?
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Highly doubt this.

Yep, me too. I recall someone wanted to be as slim and muscular as the Victoria Secret models, and she gained about 25 grams of muscle a day doing lots of exercise (Poppy Cross). That's not a lot. Losing say 100g a day with diet and exercise is not particularly difficult.