Carbs

Options
I counted my calories and went from 170 to 145 in 3 months. Was not logging in my foods but kept track of calories and restricted simple carbs. For the past 4 weeks I controlled what I ate but didn't count my simple carbs and my weight went to 152. Now I am back on track of my simple carbs and lost 2 pounds, also started the gym yesterday. Any recommendations?

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Carbs leave water. The number on the scale will fluctuate with carb intake, and it's water weight not fat.

My recommendation is to eat less calories than you burn and keep carbs at a level satisfactory for your own needs. Me, I eat lots of carbs.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Personally I have cut simple carbs, like you did. Bread, pasta, added sugar. For me it's the best way to lose weight because it makes me feel better and I find it much easier to keep to my calorie limit if I don't have to add in the calorie hit from those foods. My recommendation -- because you asked for our recommendations -- is to continue on as you are, cutting simple carbs, since that worked for you. :)
  • vi2love
    vi2love Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ty Monklady123
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Carbs leave water. The number on the scale will fluctuate with carb intake, and it's water weight not fat.

My recommendation is to eat less calories than you burn and keep carbs at a level satisfactory for your own needs. Me, I eat lots of carbs.

Amen sista.