Healthy lifestyle journey friends anyone? ♡

Options
marienurse
marienurse Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,

I'd like to find and become friends with others on their fitness/healthy lifestyle journey. This is my first time using this app and I'm excited about discovering a whole new me. Feel free to friend me, share with me etc as I will do the same. I'm 5'5 and currently weighed in @ 160.5 now I'm 157.5lbs my goal is 135 ish. If I can be my healthiest and toned and fit to my liking to be honest if I like what I see the number really doesn't matter at that point. Please friend request me as I would appreciate the provided support from you and of course I'd return the favor.

<3 Marie

Replies

• jimmy2589
    jimmy2589 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It makes sense why the “21 Days” Myth would spread. It’s easy to understand. The time frame is short enough to be inspiring, but long enough to be believable. And who wouldn’t like the idea of changing your life in just three weeks? :)
    I'm new user as well
    good luck with your goals <3
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's really 21 days, but it takes me awhile to build & sustain a positive habit, but I can make a bad habit in about 15 minutes...
  • marienurse
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not sure if writing here will reply to you Jimmy but thank you for your friends request and well wishes. I wish you best of luck on your journey as well :)@jimmy2589
  • marienurse
    Options
    @Matt200goal lol, can't will all! Maybe even 5 minutes huh. Positivity towards you though :) thanks for your reply.
  • jimmy2589
    jimmy2589 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    From all that I have read, that is an old wives tale however, I know through personal experiences that you can train yourself with repeated actions (ever how long that may be) to do or stop certain actions. That is why military, police, fire orgs and others train so much; if you get used to doing certain actions over and over it becomes second nature. So in effect, there is some truth there.
    I guess the bottom line is will it hurt to try breaking or starting a habit for 21 days? I guess that depends on the habit and what you are doing, but most likely not so go for it.
    Good luck.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • roshieperera
    roshieperera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
  • marienurse
    Options
  • marienurse
    Options
    @DWBalboa thank you for your insight :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie - Best of luck to you! :)
  • marienurse
    Options
    @PinkPixiexox Thank you. Best of luck to you as well. :)
  • ivana_tocinova
    ivana_tocinova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • marienurse
    Options
    Thank you, best of luck to you as well @ivana_tocinova