Decision not to log

Options
Currently on holiday in alaska..it's epic..and I'm just not logging..I think I'll be fine. Let's see if I gain weight over a week.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    Currently on holiday in alaska..it's epic..and I'm just not logging..I think I'll be fine. Let's see if I gain weight over a week.

LOL...we all have the right to just be and let the ...or as I like to call it "weightloss Russian roulette!" Eat thoughtfully, and you'll be just fine! ENJOY ALASKA!! So Jealous!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Just remember portion control. Have fun!
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Can we start a betting pool? :-D

If you have gained when you return, don't despair, you know how to take it off again. Enjoy your trip!

If you have not gained when you return, I'd like to see the scathing review you'll give the places you've stayed. Just remember, bad food saved you from a weight loss reset when you got back ;-)

Osric

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Just use moderation and portion control
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    hi135 wrote: »
    Do not mess up! 60lbs!

Enjoy yourself though.

I really don't think he could completely sabotage a 60 lb loss on a vacation. Anything he gains will likely be water weight and will come right off within a week or so.

Part of learning how to eat right is learning how to enjoy life while keeping a good balance. Eat a little too much one week? Eat a bit less the next. Balance it out. No big deal.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Do not mess up! 60lbs!

Enjoy yourself though.

I can see it now.. "this week a man gained 60lbs due simply to visiting the state of alaska..aparently, he's part bear and authorities say his body was preparing for hibernation"
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    Do not mess up! 60lbs!

Enjoy yourself though.

I can see it now.. "this week a man gained 60lbs due simply to visiting the state of alaska..aparently, he's part bear and authorities say his body was preparing for hibernation"

If you do manage to eat 210,000 calories over your maintenance calories while on vacation, please let us all know how you did it.

I'm guessing that since you're in Alaska it would involve eating a lot of whale blubber?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you do it right, and don't consider not logging an excuse to eat anything and everything, you should be fine. The world's populations lived without logging for many, many years...it IS possible.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you do it right, and don't consider not logging an excuse to eat anything and everything, you should be fine. The world's populations lived without logging for many, many years...it IS possible.

Here in myfitnesspal land, logging is the ultimate and only method that will work for everyone forever.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I don't log when on holidays and I eat whatever I want. 2 weeks on a cruise ship eating and drinking all the calories in the world, gained about 1.2kg. Totally worth it. Logging and being spot on my calories 365 days a year for the rest of my life is not something I can do.

Enjoy alaska, enjoy the food and get straight back into it when you get back.
  • lintilla42
    lintilla42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    I don't log when on holidays and I eat whatever I want. 2 weeks on a cruise ship eating and drinking all the calories in the world, gained about 1.2kg. Totally worth it. Logging and being spot on my calories 365 days a year for the rest of my life is not something I can do.

Enjoy alaska, enjoy the food and get straight back into it when you get back.

This is making me feel about the inevitable foodapalooza that will happen when I go to Chicago next month for my friend's wedding! What's a week in the grand scheme? (Plus, I'll probably eat so little on the ~20 hours on planes each way to make up for it... ;))
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Enjoy! :)

When I go on my holiday, there is no WAY I am logging at every meal. Why? Because I'm human and entitled to a week where I don't behave so militantly - as long as I get back on track when I'm home (which I most certainly WILL do) then I see no problems with relaxing here and there.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation for a week and even though I still logged some days, I still used it as an excuse to eat anything and everything.

I think overall, after I let a week go by to get rid of whatever water weight was there, I gained a grand total .5 pounds of actual weight, if that.

Worth it? Absolutely.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    When I was on vacation in NYC the other week, I did not log at all. I saw a gain, because I ate whatever I bloody wanted. But, nothing detrimental. ^-^
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    When I was on vacation in NYC the other week, I did not log at all. I saw a gain, because I ate whatever I bloody wanted. But, nothing detrimental. ^-^

^This will be me next week!! Can't wait!

If you're going to alaska my guess is you'll probably be doing so many active things that you won't have time to eat crazy. Been there twice and it IS amazing. Have fun!!!

• aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have lost 180 pounds...I don't log...haven't for over a year
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the holiday, forget about the calories although be mindful of quantities..or not! its just a matter of getting back on the wagon as soon as you get back :smiley:
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your trip, I'm jealous! :)
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If your hunting in alaska, only eat what you kill. You might even come back a few pounds lighter. Or die of starvation.