Best tasting protein powder?

Options
Aaaaaand go!

I'm really picky about protein powder. I want it to taste good if I'm going to drink it every day. I have multiple tubs that are basically full just because the taste was less than great. Right now I really like the syntha 6 peanut butter cookie but I like to switch it up so I want something else I'll like

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    If you like chocolate, Quest chocolate milkshake is pretty darned yummy. It even smells good when you open the tub. :)
  • dannywallis
    dannywallis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been using protein powders for years and personally, Powerbeck offers the best quality in terms of taste that I have found. They offer a wide range but as a chocolate fan, that's my favourite.
  • Boywonder51bix
    Boywonder51bix Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • Kkelso1119
    Kkelso1119 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love quest protein. I use the peanut butter flavor and mix it with fairlife high protein chocolate milk after a good workout session :)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    This is no contest.

Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0, followed by PES Select. Try them both and see for yourself.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I suggest requesting samples; many companies sell them for $1-2 per flavor. It's well worth trying before investing in a huge tub.

Personally, I like trutein (peanut butter marshmallow cookie and cinnabun are my favorite).
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Trutein - red velvet is really good and it mixes great in water.
  • morgiemarsh
    morgiemarsh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Omg Herbalife is delicious! They have different flavored protein powders that you can make delicious shakes with. They taste just like milkshakes.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Quest peanut butter and vanilla, dymatize iso 100 chocolate peanut butter.
  • dragthewaters91
    Options
    I've found the best option is to buy unflavored protein powder with no additives (I use Swanson Organic Pea Protein, by itself it kind of tastes like oatmeal or some other "bland" food like that), and then add 2 tbsp of baking cocoa to the shake to flavor it instead (or you could do vanilla too if that's what you're into). The sugar from whatever fruit you're using should be enough, in terms of sweetness. But personally I am very sensitive to "fake" tastes, stevia and that kind of stuff. It's great to be able to start the day off with chocolate.
  • RyanPed
    RyanPed Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If it taste to good to be true it probably is. Some brands get real creative on how they put the sugar in.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Man, I had to look this up and now I want ALL the trutein....they have a cinnabon flavor! What? I'm so broke! LOL
  • MommyL2015
    Options
    I *heart* sugar, so i'm not worried about it. I've eaten plenty of it in my life and I've nothing bad to show for it yet. If it kills me, then at least I can say I was happy while I was alive.

Just contemplating life without sugar makes me sad.
  • MommyL2015
    Options
    I know, I know. Sugar is EVIL!

Every time I bat my eyes, something new causes us to die horribly. I'll take my chances, thanks.
  • MommyL2015
    Options
    Until my actual doctor tells me, "Hey, you better watch your __(insert food here)_____ intake because you're borderline (insert disease/syndrome/disorder here)," I think i'll be okay. But thanks for your concern.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Man, I had to look this up and now I want ALL the trutein....they have a cinnabon flavor! What? I'm so broke! LOL
    Trutein has very little sugar, and as mentioned earlier, it mixes very thick even with just water (which helps keeps the calories down).

I'm not a huge red velvet fan, so I didn't like that one, but most of the flavors are really good. Some are a little intense; the chocolate mint at first taste is EXACTLY like a thin mint. But, the mint flavor is very strong after finishing the whole shake. Like, I felt like I'd just brush my teeth. It might be good, it might be bad, but I'd definitely recommend samples.

And bodybuilding.com has some pretty good prices and most flavors of a lot of the different protein powders. And their customer service is amazing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Quest.

I tried Trutein and it's horribly sweet.